Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dagger good or bad?

hallo,
    what is your opinion about this dagger, or ?
    greetings peter
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have concerns .
            Stell doch mal bessere Bilder ein .

Comment

Based on what I see, I have some concerns about just about everything. The photos are not clear enough to make a complete determination, but the scabbard screws, grip and eagle and blade don't look right. The hanger loop looks new.
              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado
                Based on what I see, I have some concerns about just about everything. The photos are not clear enough to make a complete determination, but the scabbard screws, grip and eagle and blade don't look right. The hanger loop looks new.

I second that.

Comment

hello,
                  sorry but my digicam make terrible pictures. what do you think about the producer markings on the blade? the eagle is from aluminium.
                  peter

Comment

Peter, this is one of those times when based on your photos it's nearly impossible to make a call. While the maker's mark is almost exact to the one in Whittmann's book, there are other points of concern as mentioned. With the cost of SS daggers now days, I personally wouldn't purchase something questionable. I learned the hard way that it's better to spend a few more dollars and buy as "textbook" as possible. You'll sleep better over the long haul.
                    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

hello larry,
                      thanks for your answer. i'm a buckle collector and i have bought a complete set of a belt buckle. there was a nice buckle, a belt, a shoulder strap and all these leather parts in great condition. the dagger was includet. the rest of this set was original, my interested was to know if all parts of this set are good or no.
                      greetings peter
                      Attached Files

Comment

This dagger looks a reproduction.The scabbard screws protude too much from the shell,the dagger handle looks like it is made out of plastic,the runes button looks strange from this angle.And the date stamp numbers/letters are not of the type I have seen before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

hello thelma,
                          the handle is from wood and not from plastic
                          peter

Comment

Peter... I would be very cautious with that dagger, that RZM number was allocated to makers Carl and Robert Linder. Cheers, Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by sdp
                              Peter... I would be very cautious with that dagger, that RZM number was allocated to makers Carl and Robert Linder. Cheers, Scott.
                              15 is actually the special SS code assigned to Henckels.
                              Regards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X