Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
    krikke,
    Is this the proper SS roundel used on Rohm daggers ?
    Yes, on SS Röhmdaggers made by EICKHORN...!!!

Comment

Yep....indeed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
        krikke,
        Is this the proper SS roundel used on Rohm daggers ?
        Is this your dagger Serge?

It was recently argued a crack like this around the runes is indicative that a malfitted run button was put in the grip. Interesting to see again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
          Is this your dagger Serge?

It was recently argued a crack like this around the runes is indicative that a malfitted run button was put in the grip. Interesting to see again.
          It was indeed (and my photos )
          Attached Files

Comment

First of all, disqualifying the OP dagger on SSruneolgy of Eickhorn Rohm daggers is not a science nor proven. If that were the case, I could show 10 early SS daggers here and anyone would be hard pressed to identify the makers solely on that component alone.

Secondly, there isn't even a close up of the runes on this dagger to say it has 100% of the characteristics with this or that maker.

And lastly to say that a maker only used this exclusive component or that part 100% of the time with no exceptions in the manufacturing a particular edged weapon, is flawed at the very least.

Comment

The one Serge shows looks like the runes button could have been forced into the handle, thereby cracking the wood. And possibly some fake verdigris added as well. Sound familiar.............

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post

I would ignore that opinion unless there is evidence of forced insertion. It's a known 'weak area' especially on SS brittle grips.

Before someone asks why I don't dispute some of the opinions collectors believe, I'm not here to bang-heads with beliefs. as I have my own beliefs.
                AND, I'm still learning.

Comment

In my opinion, the roundel may “support” but does not “distinguish” between the type of dagger.

However, the dagger on this thread does not compare to the authentic SS Rohm owned by Serge.

Comment

A very nice dagger. Trying to compare the two cracks IMO is like comparing the LA river in summertime to the height of the rainy season in a bad year. FP

Comment

And right away you'll notice that the trademark on the OP's is the serrated tail squirrel. While the other blade has the smooth tail version. Of which some in the collecting community view as being a contractor for Eickhorn producing these blades. As opposed to in house production.

Comment

I like the one Serge used to own; I'm not sure who owns it now.

The other posted looks good from the photos but needs an in-hand to me. Just has a weird look to it. Most of these need in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post
                          First of all, disqualifying the OP dagger on SSruneolgy of Eickhorn Rohm daggers is not a science nor proven. If that were the case, I could show 10 early SS daggers here and anyone would be hard pressed to identify the makers solely on that component alone.

Secondly, there isn't even a close up of the runes on this dagger to say it has 100% of the characteristics with this or that maker.

And lastly to say that a maker only used this exclusive component or that part 100% of the time with no exceptions in the manufacturing a particular edged weapon, is flawed at the very least.
                          I agree with you JR.
                          Rune buttons are indeed not always a proven type for a particular maker.
                          But the runes you see on Serge's ex-dagger is a type I only saw/see on Röhm SS Eickhorns.
                          There's one at Lakesidetrader and one at Wittmann for sale with exact same runesbutton.
                          Ill post pictures later on.
                          Last edited by krikke1980; 04-05-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Thanks to everybody for their comments!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X