Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dagger, Ernst Röhm. Need opinions.

Hello all!

Fellow colleagues, I would like to hear your thoughts on that SS dagger, especially on inscriptions.
    Thanks in advance!
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Attached Files

Attached Files
    Last edited by espenlaub; 04-03-2020, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Correct Eickhorn inscription IMO.

Steve

Comment

I'm on board with this dagger as well.

Comment

I like it, too. I appears to be a nice Eickhorn Röhm full inscription piece from the Munich SS Distribution Center. Too bad it has some staining on the blade.

Br. James

Comment

Looks good. Does it have an assembler's number and have you looked at the tang markings?

Comment

This will get 'em going

"Ratty" (errr, not really - let's say "Fatty") and cool!

Comment

Maybe it's the angle. Maybe it's the sharpness.
                I love SS Rohm daggers but given these pictures, I have reservations.

Comment

I don't like to see that type of SS runesbutton on a Röhm dagger made by Eickhorn.
                  Eickhorn used a very specific type of runes which are only seen on their Röhm daggers.
                  I also don't exclude that the grip was reworked and the gripinsignia were replaced.

Comment

How many FULL Rohm SS daggers do we get to see, nowadays - even those &quot;enhanced&quot;?

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
                    I don't like to see that type of SS runesbutton on a Röhm dagger made by Eickhorn.
                    Eickhorn used a very specific type of runes which are only seen on their Röhm daggers.
                    I also don't exclude that the grip was reworked and the gripinsignia were replaced.
                    OK, sure . . . but all-in-all, it's really not that bad - is it?

Comment

I’m not a metal expert and maybe someone can help.
                      That looks to be corrosion near the hilt. I suppose it’s the same thing on the tip.
                      How in the world does that happen but the middle of the blade is fine?

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                        OK, sure . . . but all-in-all, it's really not that bad - is it?
                        ??? How do I have interpret that?

Comment

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
                          krikke,
                          Is this the proper SS roundel used on Rohm daggers ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tk99 View Post
                            I’m not a metal expert and maybe someone can help.
                            That looks to be corrosion near the hilt. I suppose it’s the same thing on the tip.
                            How in the world does that happen but the middle of the blade is fine?
                            Corrosion in this area on sa and ss daggers is very common it where moisture gets in between the scabbard throat and cross guard

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
                              krikke,
                              Is this the proper SS roundel used on Rohm daggers ?
                              Thanks Serge.
                              That is exactly the runesbutton I mean.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X