Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by athomas View Post
    Hey Dale,

Yea I saw that. In a closer inspection, it looks like a number that was jacked up and they tried to correct it.

Since some don’t believe I spoke to Mr Wittmann, here is what he said in the email;

Dear Mr. Thomas,

Thanks for the email and the pictures of the early Eickhorn Pattern 1695 sword with silvered finish and SS number stamped in the lower hilt. As you point out, it is a very sloppy job, but perhaps the original owner made this effort himself and was not so good with tools. As you know, though, the Germans stamped out a lot of engravings that were not applicable, so this kind of thing may not be that unusual.

I looked up the officer and he was an early SS member, so the time span works for having a sword with a logo from
    this time.

I think the sword looks great, and seems to be extremely reasonably priced. So, go for it!

Best,

Thomas T. Wittmann
    You have not looked in the correct book yet..
    Yes so buy it.. Why do you need to post it on the forum...
    So in your earlier post you told a untruth.. Look at what you said..
    Quote Tom{ .( he also believes it stands a chance too.}} were is this in the e-mail???

Comment

[QUOTE=damasco;8676041]
      Damasco,
      If this is the wrong model, then what IS the correct model for an early SS officer sword??
      That is what you have not been able to tell me. Just only that it is not correct. I’m looking for details.

I found this same model on lakeside traders website silver model 1695
      The only difference is his has ruby eyes instead of green. I suppose his is not good either?

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=20251

Thanks[/QUOTE
      You are correct...
      Yes thank you for pointing that out..
      So now we move on to This dealer..
      No, it is not a Eickhorn silver SS sword..
      Matter of fact I have owned a few of these before and did not sell them as SS swords..
      Paul is a good guy but we all make mistakes . I feel bad for him.. 1695 is not the model number for the Eickhorn silver SS sword
      Man...those early SS guys must have been some piss poor shots as both sets of numbers are way off. I wouldn't trust either sword.

Comment

As you point out Dale, both have crappy attempts at numbering the hilt. But it is interesting that both have similar tools used.

I guess this goes back to what Reichsword stated, you can never know for certain. But I certainly haven’t seen a post here yet that disproves it with facts, only opinions.

I also attached two photos. One from Wittmann’s book and the other from a period photograph.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by damasco View Post
          You have not looked in the correct book yet..
          Yes so buy it.. Why do you need to post it on the forum...
          So in your earlier post you told a untruth.. Look at what you said..
          Quote Tom{ .( he also believes it stands a chance too.}} were is this in the e-mail???

Damasco- In reading his email, you can “read” between the lines... he stated that he has the correct logo in time in which the alleged SS officer would have used this, as he was an early member. To me, that sounds like he is saying it has a chance, as an interpretation.. Am I the only one here that can understand what he said??

I already purchased it, I guess you didn’t read my initial post. I only showed this off to get some other thoughts. I haven’t heard you say anything useful with facts. This forum can have debates, correct? I mean that is what it’s for- or at least what I presumed what it was for. Otherwise, it just people trying to get their ego stroked.

Comment

My opinion is evidence based that is the difference.
            Of course they used Silver swords..
            I never said they did not..
            It is Just the ones pictured are not Eickhorn SS swords..
            As people have told me when I ask them question..
            Why would I post what they are really like.. The fakers would try to adjust.
            Real Eickhorn SS sliver sword is pictured in a reference book. It is also mislabeled because author did not have access to production archives.. And Master catalog.
            What books do you have?? giving you a hint..

Comment

My opinion is evidence based that is the difference.
              Of course they used Silver swords..
              I never said they did not..
              It is Just the ones pictured are not Eickhorn SS swords..
              As people have told me when I ask them question..
              Why would I post what they are really like.. The fakers would try to adjust.
              Real Eickhorn SS sliver sword is pictured in a reference book. It is also mislabeled because author did not have access to production archives.. And Master catalog.
              What books do you have?? giving you a hint..

Then I go back to the original question I posed to you Damasco- do you have a picture of this “master catalog” to share? Giving you a hint...

Comment

Damasco- In reading his email, you can “read” between the lines... he stated that he has the correct logo in time in which the alleged SS officer would have used this, as he was an early member. To me, that sounds like he is saying it has a chance, as an interpretation.. Am I the only one here that can understand what he said??

I already purchased it, I guess you didn’t read my initial post. I only showed this off to get some other thoughts. I haven’t heard you say anything useful with facts. This forum can have debates, correct? I mean that is what it’s for- or at least what I presumed what it was for. Otherwise, it just people trying to get their ego stroked.
                I believe you posted it for opinions and ego stroking.
                So if you and others want to believe in the sword posted , by all means dismiss what I have told you..
                I started a post some time ago asking this question about ( Eickhorn Silver SS swords)and revived NO answers..
                Have full description on parts used and how it was made in my archive..
                As I said Also picture is in a book published by a American author OK old Angola book.. But is mislabeled SS honor sword.. These were SS swords..
                Do you have all the Angolia sword , dagger books?? at least 4 or 5.. I was really surprised Tom W. missed it in his book But he also did not have the information as those in the know seem to keep it to themselves ..
                Last edited by damasco; 03-23-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Thought I would post a picture to show visually what I meant by "you can never know for certain". A friend of mine took a gilt Alcosao, lionhead saber, (same pattern) as shown in several books be worn by an SS LAH member, and plated it. NOT with the idea to deceive, but to show just how easy it is to do.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I believe you posted it for opinions and ego stroking.
                    So if you and others want to believe in the sword posted , by all means dismiss what I have told you..
                    I started a post some time ago asking this question about ( Eickhorn Silver SS swords)and revived NO answers..
                    Have full description on parts used and how it was made in my archive..
                    As I said Also picture is in a book published by a American author OK old Angola book.. But is mislabeled SS honor sword.. These were SS swords..
                    Do you have all the Angolia sword , dagger books?? at least 4 or 5.. I was really surprised Tom W. missed it in his book But he also did not have the information as those in the know seem to keep it to themselves ..

Damasco- I really mean no disrespect. I do enjoy a good debate and truly apologize and appreciate information. I joined here to learn! That is why I enjoy this hobby as much as I do. And I really only posted to get opinions and thoughts. If it’s not right, I can accept that.

When you are referring to the Angolia books. Do you mean the swords of Germany and swords of Hitler’s Third Reich?

Comment

Reichsword- that’s quite scary. I guess fakers will go to great lengths to make a buck. Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

Damasco- I really mean no disrespect. I do enjoy a good debate and truly apologize and appreciate information. I joined here to learn! That is why I enjoy this hobby as much as I do. And I really only posted to get opinions and thoughts. If it’s not right, I can accept that.

When you are referring to the Angolia books. Do you mean the swords of Germany and swords of Hitler’s Third Reich?
                        The earlier books.. Not his last book..

Comment

The earlier books.. Not his last book..

You mean this one?
                          Attached Files

Comment

It is very scary. Years ago I was offered two sliver plated lion heads. One was an Eickhorn but I can't remember the other maker. They both looked great with the tangs period peened and untouched. The only thing that seemed odd was that the grip wire on one was broken and loose the other. Looking closer you could see where they had cut through the grip and tang to take the swords apart without messing with the tang. The guy that sent them to me to look at has been dead for a number of years and I won't revel his name as the swords did not belong to him. I'm sure they were sold to someone else down the line and if the fakers hadn't been so lazy it might have been me.

Comment

You mean this one?
                              Yes that should work.

Comment

OMG. Lousy reanactors, only lousy reanactors! In ONE pic there are at least 5 or even 6 different (!) silver lionhead sabers. For the hell, did nobody tell them that they had to wear ONLY the CERTAIN EICKHORN saber modell which damasco did allow????
                                And the saber directly out of the family of the former wearer. Totally fake to the bone.

What a hole bunch of bs is written here in this thread.....

Greetings daggers.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X