X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maker's label:
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Herr Kiser. I think this forum is great. Even though I was incorrect about the naming of the radio, I, and probably others, learned something from all these pictues. Steve from long Island

Comment

The radios are seen quite a bit among Luftwaffe troops at airfields. Not many out in the field. However, they were all battery operated and I believe your model also had provision for plugging into the wall. I've got three versions of this radio. I've always understood that they were an award radio. For what, I have no idea. Pete Whammond has a very nice example of a troop radio on his website right now.

Here's a link to photos of the three variations: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=award

Comment

The radio I posted (page #1) appears to be a duplicate of the more common suitcase size shown in Jack's thread (see link). In my picture #2 there is a power cord visible rolled up in the center bottom. The large yellow eagle is a stencil on this one also. You can feel the slight thickness of paint. Even though the radio could be equipped with batteries it does not appear to be built for use in the "field". It is mainly constructed of wood and the doors are held closed by one small spring powered catch. But, if any care was taken when it was transported, I guess it would do just fine when moved from place to place if the troops were reassigned. It came all the way from Europe with no apparent damage.
          Last edited by helmet841; 01-15-2005, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X