Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FuSprech a1 need rear cover

Hi everyone,

Here are some pictures of my FuSprech a1.

It came out of the collection of a radio amature friend, not among us anymore unfortunately, who had it for decades.
    The set is in working condition and is really fun.

But: The rear cover is missing. It was already missing when the previous owner acquired it, as I understand.
    Yes, it is fairly easy to reproduce, but if possible I would prefer an original.

Does anyone have one lying around anywhere ???????????

Regards,

Ton.

Great find, you should count yourself lucky that you found one complete with original casing. I would rate your chances of finding the original rear cover as practically zero, so making a reproduction is your best bet. If you need details let me know. I would be interested in the details of the antenna.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Post some close up pictures of the antenna Still interessed in pictures of this type radio in use .

Regards R

Comment

Yes, last one on the ebay was without box at all...

But nice images...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Wehrmacht-Fel...p2047675.l2557

Comment

You've got a very rare and nice FuSprech a1 there!
          A very lucky find!

I have the same meaning like Funksammler, but I'm sure... if you will wait long enough, some day maybe you'll find one! I keep my fingers crossed for you!

I also saw the eBay- Auction... but so much money for a piece, where you maybe will never find the missing parts... I don't know. Maybe the winner still has the parts...

kind regards,

Stefan

Comment

When they do turn up they invariable turn up without box. Perhaps these were being recycled when the war ended, the aluminium boxes already went into the furness while a few of the radios without their boxes somehow survived...

Indeed a steep price for an incomplete radio, but an ultra rare one at that. Looking at prices generally, I get the feeling that the worst of the recession is over and that people are starting to expand their collections again.....

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Btw, was there ever plain Fusp.a, without number 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                Btw, was there ever plain Fusp.a, without number 1?
                Yes there was, on the Fusp.a some of the controls were designed to be remotely controlled by cables when the set was worn on the back. This proved to be impractical and was soon abandoned. Electrically it was the same. On the one period photograph of the Fusp.a1 in action I have seen the operator carried the set on the chest rather than on the back.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Originally posted by Funksammler View Post
                  On the one period photograph of the Fusp.a1 in action I have seen the operator carried the set on the chest rather than on the back.
                  Thanks. Do you have this period photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                    Thanks. Do you have this period photo?
                    Unfortunately not, it is in Werner Thote's article in Radiobote nr 43. This also shows the differences between the Fusp.a and a1.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

interesting,do you know anything about the difference between a & a1 modell Funksamler ?

Comment

Originally posted by ayf View Post
                        interesting,do you know anything about the difference between a & a1 modell Funksamler ?
                        On the "a" model, the send/receive switch is some sort of lever, which looks like a cable could be attached to it. In this way the set could be switched to sending while carried on the back. On the Fusp.a1 this switch has been replaced with a more standard turning knob. So to operate it on the move, the operator would have to wear the set in front to be able to reach the send/receive switch. The Fusp.a/a1 does not yet have a relay for switching between receive and transmit like the later Feldfu's.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

A special "Abwurbehalter" frame for carry 4 Fusprech a1 was made,used by paratroopers.

Comment

Very hard to find

http://www.ebay.de/itm/WH-Funksprech...cAAOSwHPlWhDm7

Comment

Originally posted by ayf View Post
                              Someone has made internet meme just for this occasion

http://i.imgur.com/x5pGNSX.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X