WH Tropical overseas cap. Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sergey65 View Post
    Only I can not understand how they could sew the soutache in a machine way without damaging the lining?

Regards,
    Sergey
    Could rip off two stitches and bend the lapel IMO.

Comment

The opinion that the soutache is sewn after the war is this theoretically?

Thanks,
      Sergey

Comment

Remove two forhead thicker threads, lower folded cap part, stitch soutache, fold cap again and restore two forhead thicker threads. IMO these thicker threads are stitched after WW2.

Schlange

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=916564

Comment

Originally posted by Schlange View Post
          Remove two forhead thicker threads, lower folded cap part, stitch soutache, fold cap again and restore two forhead thicker threads. IMO these thicker threads are stitched after WW2.

Schlange

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=916564
          Hello Schlange,

Yes, thank you, I meant it in #16

Regards,
          Sergey

Comment

On the foto left side soutache you can see it’s flipped out and under..not normal factory applications...Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
              On the foto left side soutache you can see it’s flipped out and under..not normal factory applications...Billbert
              I saw, I agree

Thank you all for your opinions and comments

Best regards,
              Sergey

Comment

The opinion that the soutache is sewn after the war is this theoretically? Sergey
                No Not theoretical, as the sewing, although a major issue, does not overshadow the soutach itself Not being original IMHO.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Only I can not understand how they could sew the soutache in a machine way without damaging the lining?

Regards,
                  Sergey
                  Since the soutache is sewn to the turn up, unscrupulous persons are able to make convincing applications on these later caps without affecting the liner (as can be seen in numerous threads on this forum).

Comment

Thanks again to everyone

This is not my area of collecting. And as a result, my stupid questions

Best regards,
                    Sergey

Comment

This rbn# (Hans Brandt) cap is one of the several hundred non-soutached sidecaps from the beehive cache that were bought up by a couple enterprising fellows that then had the soutache added postwar over thirty years ago. There are several ways to do this and they can be quite convincing except they always have a date later than Aug '42. (caps dated Aug '42 are another discussion) Jose Figueroa's great booklet on Tropical Headgear, page #45 has another Hans Brandt rbn# sidecap with a purple ? soutache added postwar. Some Clemens Wagner sidecaps dated Oct & Nov '42 were also part of this hoax.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X