No announcement yet.

Heer M43 Wool Feldmützen Size 60 On e-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see nothing wrong with that Cap. To me a good one.
    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
      preposterous
      Indeed. Worse than that in fact.....

Certainly an original cap.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzer View Post
        . also under the flaps,

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka
        The pics showing details under the flaps show signs of the cap being orginal.

Ofcourse you need to know what to look at.

The negative comments about this cap are hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
          preposterous
          Everyone's definition of "preposterous" is different I guess. To me, a "WW2 German hat" on which literally 100 % of the wear occurred before the hat was made, and is otherwise in stone mint condition without a hint of additional wear since the day it was stitched together is "preposterous." And so is the notion that fakers today could not possibly reproduce things like original stitching methods and ink stamps accurately. But that is just one person's view.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
            Everyone's definition of "preposterous" is different I guess. To me, a "WW2 German hat" on which literally 100 % of the wear occurred before the hat was made, and is otherwise in stone mint condition without a hint of additional wear since the day it was stitched together is "preposterous." And so is the notion that fakers today could not possibly reproduce things like original stitching methods and ink stamps accurately. But that is just one person's view.
            Why do you think the wear to wool nap occurred before the cap was produced, SB? I cannot come to that conclusion as the nap wear easily could have occurred since production, in my eyes. Nap wear on wool does not take much friction and can occur without visible wear to the thread, and if the nap wear is actually insect damage, then all the more this cap displays no problems I can see.

Look at the various thread types employed, look at the stitching, look at the crisp cap folds. This is not what we find in counterfeit caps made from old mantels.

Comment

Where do you see a Stonemint Cap?

Comment

Originally posted by Schrage Musik View Post
                Why do you think the wear to wool nap occurred before the cap was produced, SB?
                In photo number 2, at the bottom of the photo, along the bottom edge of the cap. The wool is completely napped down, then the stitching goes over the top of the napped-down wool. This napping occurred before stitches went on top of it, you can see this clearly in the photo. So the hat was sewn together with wool which was already napped down, either (1) recycled fabric at the time of the making, or (2) old fabric newly used to make a reproduction. Red flag number 1. However, after the cap was made, I do not see any further additional (post-making) wear to the cap. For me this is two red flags. Either red flag by itself, I would suspend judgment without seeing it in hand. But both red flags together, I think it is a very well executed postwar-made cap from old original materials, including the eagle. Somebody who knew their business made this hat IMO.

Comment

Do me a Favor, don't **** up a good Cap. There is absolute nothing wrong with this Cap. But maybe you manage to capture a few of the Moth and then they will explain you in detail how napping works.....

In photo number 2, at the bottom of the photo, along the bottom edge of the cap. The wool is completely napped down, then the stitching goes over the top of the napped-down wool. This napping occurred before stitches went on top of it, you can see this clearly in the photo. So the hat was sewn together with wool which was already napped down, either (1) recycled fabric at the time of the making, or (2) old fabric newly used to make a reproduction. Red flag number 1. However, after the cap was made, I do not see any further additional (post-making) wear to the cap. For me this is two red flags. Either red flag by itself, I would suspend judgment without seeing it in hand. But both red flags together, I think it is a very well executed postwar-made cap from old original materials, including the eagle. Somebody who knew their business made this hat IMO.

Comment

Hi,

A bunch of these caps came out of somewhere in Europe a couple years ago. Personally I've never been a fan of them, I know some were carefully rebadged as Heer as I believe they were all stripped when they were found. Some people like them and some don't.

Regards,
                    Steve

Comment

A couple of Years ago? I have owned one exactly like this 20 Years ago, with Insignias period on it and out of private Household. Nothing wrong at all with it, beside it is not mine.

Originally posted by Steve Turner View Post
                      Hi,

A bunch of these caps came out of somewhere in Europe a couple years ago. Personally I've never been a fan of them, I know some were carefully rebadged as Heer as I believe they were all stripped when they were found. Some people like them and some don't.

Regards,
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Turner View Post
                        Hi,

Regards,
                        Steve
                        Wrong Steve where did you hear this bird brain story
                        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

That is not where they originated from.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Same RFNr, year, size and lining fabric.

https://www.lux-military-antiques.co...rvice-cap1.htm
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                              That is not where they originated from.
                              Willi,

I was offered these caps at the SOS two years ago out of a bin in the back of a guys car. The fellow who was selling told me he picked them up out of Europe and some had carefully re-applied Heer insignia. They were ALL this maker. I decided to pass personally. I think he said he got around 40 of them.

I've never owned one.

Cheers,
                              Steve
                              Last edited by Steve Turner; 08-13-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Steve, the ones I have handled (and discussed by Drew on a couple of threads....though he has not yet stated where he obtained this one) were found by a guy I have known for almost 30 years. His father was a VFW member, who used to tell fellow VFW members that his son collected "Nazi stuff", and picked up most items for his collection that way. The wife of a recently deceased veteran reached out to this guy and said she had her husband's duffle bag filled with his uniforms, and wanted to give it to him. He took the duffle bag and was was shocked to find at the bottom of the bag were a number of M43 caps. They were all crushed, in various unusually large sizes, a couple of different makers, and with some slightly worn and with damage.

I took one and helped a few friends obtain some others.

Does this one look like the insignia has been reapplied?

Perhaps Drew will let us know where this one came from, but we did examine some of the ones I just discussed together about 18 months ago. And this one was certainly crushed at some point for a while.
                                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X