Crusher cap maker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallo Michael

From the additional images you posted I see the confirmation that the sweatband and the stirndruckfrei have been roughly sewn. On the other hand, however, I do not see a rigid capboard and the lining does not have seams' double holes.

Returning to the lining it would be necessary, in my opinion, to compare the Sprengpfeil's logo with any available post-war example in order to be able to certainly date it.

With regards to the outside, the gabardine fabric can be credible and seems to be suitable with the pipings wear. The eagle is sewn quite roughly. It would be interesting to check if you find any signs of previous insignias inside.

Finally it would be advisable to check the signs of wear on the lower front part of the outer band which strangely seems not to have affected the lower part of the oakleaves & cockade.

In other words, in my humble opinion, there is no condemnation of this cap. Indeed, I think and repeat that it requires a thorough analysis before drawing a definitive judgment.

Best regards

Comment

Crusher cap

Thanks for the detailed description of areas to look further into. The insignia has not been sewn through the liner,and the cap has no holes from a chinstrap,and indeed,folds as there is no stiff material ,so it appears to be a crusher in that regard.
      Cmayve someone has photos of postwar logos of companies who also produced headgear pre 1945.
      Thanks again for taking the time to comment on the visor.

Comment

Originally posted by michael leone View Post
        Thanks for the detailed description of areas to look further into. The insignia has not been sewn through the liner,and the cap has no holes from a chinstrap,and indeed,folds as there is no stiff material ,so it appears to be a crusher in that regard.
        Cmayve someone has photos of postwar logos of companies who also produced headgear pre 1945.
        Thanks again for taking the time to comment on the visor.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=197022

Comment

I was going to add some more comments on the cap but it seems you were in a hurry to place it on the estand so I can't be bothered now.

Comment

No. 253 is an evidence that Sprengpfeil used quite the same WW2 logo immediately after the war:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...197022&page=17

But if we see at it very deeply and compare it with the available true WW2 logo, we can see the drawing’s differences : different lion, different half-rudder, etc.

Two others (nos. 35 & 86) show a different logo style. No drawing, only inscription. Consequently they are out of the game. Probably made end Fifthies beginning Sixthies.

Consequently, in my opinion, here we have an early postwar lining with the simplified logo (no inscription).

Best regards

Comment

Ecrusher

Thank you for your research/comments. The collector who sold me the cap has stepped up and we will work something out.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X