Diplomatic Corps Senior official's field grey visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diplomatic Corps Senior official's field grey visor

Figured I share this visor that I was able to add to my collection a couple of months ago...
    Attached Files

beautiful bullion...
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Kurt, I would say you are starting off 2019 with a bang, but you have gone nuclear!

The pinnacle--my vote for best visor of the year (and I have no doubt that will still hold true on Dec 31, 2019!)
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

A most impressive hat!

It's no wonder they use to call these guys Golden Pheasants!
          But only behind their backs of course.

Comment

unusual

Very nice, Kurt. What level of diplomatic corps wore the gold piping/insignia? Just not a Golden Pheasant however. Any indication of the hat maker?

Comment

Awesome visor cap..... Your collection has an unbeatable level. My most sincere congratulations friend

Comment

Wonderful

Comment

74 YEARS AFTER...YOU SIR..ARE A MASTER FISHERMAN OF WONDERFUL AND RARE HEADGEAR !! BILLBERT

Comment

Nice cap, interesting color. After 1939 the field-grey uniform was restricted to those areas outside Germany, to include the Generalgouvernement Poland.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                      Very nice, Kurt. What level of diplomatic corps wore the gold piping/insignia? Just not a Golden Pheasant however. Any indication of the hat maker?
                      pauke,

unfortunately, I have no clue who the maker of this visor is. Maybe others have an idea here.

The question about the rank is more easily answered. This visor would have been worn by Chief Officials (group I): Reichsaussenminister, Staatssekretär, Botschafter, Unterstaatssekretär & Ministerialdirektor. The rank of Ministerialdirigent (roughly equivalent to a Generalmajor in military terms), already wore silver insignia with gold piping. That said, as member ebj already pointed out, the visor could also have been worn by chief government officials outside the Reich of equivalent rank...

Kurt

Comment

Thats a killer cap. Rob
                        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ebj View Post
                          Nice cap, interesting color. After 1939 the field-grey uniform was restricted to those areas outside Germany, to include the Generalgouvernement Poland.
                          This is not entirely correct. According to an ordinance issued by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs to all its officials in September 30, 1942, the gray uniform will be compulsorily used in the offices of the Ministry. In this ordinance, in its point 7 it says verbatim:

"The gray service uniform is reserved exclusively for the environment of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Members of the Foreign Office can use it during their stay at the headquarters."

When a consul, envoy, ambassador, etc. had to go to the headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he had to go uniformed with the gray uniform

This refers to the Diplomatic personnel dependent on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I imagine that it was not so for the Officials of other Ministries

In the attached images you can see the heading of the Ministerial Order and the referred point 7
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                            Golden Pheasants!

This was the name commonly used for political leaders from the NSDAP after they got their new uniform in 1939
                            with its golden fittings!!
                            Later it was taken over occasionally for also military and other authorities and such.
                            Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-16-2019, 05:41 AM.

Comment

firstly the cap is quite impressive and clearly of period production, but I beg a question.

In reading many hat threads I often see people complain about poorly sewn insignia, particularly when the sewing goes through the lining. Why does that NOT seem to be of any concern with this cap. The insignia is very poorly sewn and both eagle and wreath appear to have been poorly restored to the cap. I would expect much better for a high ranking officials cap. Does the rarity make the resewn insignia insignificant in this case?

Not trying to be a smart arsch, just trying to understand cap "etiquette".

Thank,

W.Unland

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X