X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steep angle visor fetish

Every heard of this?

No, me either until today.

Apparently it's a collector preference for visor caps where the peak or visor is angled downwards at a steep angle. Or more accurately, if you had the choice of 2 identical caps, the preference is for the one with the steeper angled visor.

I've never given this any thought before, the angle is what it is and doesn't even feature on my own personal list of preferences.

Are you a steep angle man?

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
    Every heard of this?

Apparently it's a collector preference for visor caps where the peak or visor is angled downwards at a steep angle. Or more accurately, if you had the choice of 2 identical caps, the preference is for the one with the steeper angled visor.

I've never given this any thought before, the angle is what it is and doesn't even feature on my own personal list of preferences.

The steep angle ones are hard to find. I happened to look at my visors for the same thing just a few weeks ago. I do like them however.

I really like worn visors which never had cords applied (not crushers), they are a fetish of mine. J

Comment

Every heard of this?

Shako collectors could have this too. Maybe add a few to your war room. I’m sure most of this will relate to hats being phallic symbols particularly the head of the phallus.

Robt.

Comment

Some examples in different degrees.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have a huge "fetish" for the swept back shape crown Jacques is showing 3 nice examples of here!

Comment

Slashed peaks...

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
            Shako collectors could have this too. Maybe add a few to your war room. I’m sure most of this will relate to hats being phallic symbols particularly the head of the phallus.

Robt.
            I assume it is the same preference shown by military service personnel, past and present, especially in regiments, units, corps that value intimidation. Military Police, guardsmen... often slash the peak to accentuate the angle. This forces the wearer tilt their head to look at someone - 'looking down their nose' at them and partially closing the eyes - giving the impression of a Clint Eastwood style squint. It is an intimidation tactic that has been used for centuries and is also a tradition and fashion that is instilled in the wearer from basic training onwards. Cheers.

Lovely collection JF...
            Last edited by Lenny W; 05-10-2020, 05:15 PM. Reason: Unnecessary bs

Comment

Originally posted by Sol69 View Post
              I assume it is the same preference shown by military service personnel, past and present, especially in regiments, units, corps that value intimidation. Military Police, guardsmen... often slash the peak to accentuate the angle. This forces the wearer tilt their head to look at someone - 'looking down their nose' at them and partially closing the eyes - giving the impression of a Clint Eastwood style squint. It is an intimidation tactic that has been used for centuries and is also a tradition and fashion that is instilled in the wearer from basic training onwards. Cheers.

Lovely collection JF...
              I feel certain this pertains to a particular soldiers style and devil may care non chalance. A trained psychiatrist may impart a more introspective revelation.... or interpretation.

Robt.
              Last edited by Lenny W; 05-10-2020, 05:17 PM. Reason: Edit quote

Comment

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
                I feel certain this pertains to a particular soldiers style and devil may care non chalance. A trained psychiatrist may impart a more introspective revelation.... or interpretation.

Robt.
                If you are in certain 'clubs' you are expected to slash them to be part of it and accepted by your superiors. The RMP and Guards were still practising it in the 80-90s... as, I'm sure, they still are. In the same way that berets are all shaped differently depending on regiment.

Comment

Speaking of the Guards, I love this photo of Sergeant Major Billy Mott.

If you like steep angles visors, this is the cap for you!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

If there is a "negative steep angle" this one has it:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Seen worse...

Speaking of the Guards, I love this photo of Sergeant Major Billy Mott.

If you like steep angles visors, this is the cap for you!!
                      Nice photo... I've seen them so slashed that they almost disappear completely and rest on the top of the nose, making the lance Jack look cross eyed.

Then you don't know who they're shouting at... until they get right up in your face! My peak is better than yours- This guy is too short to pull it down properly next to the Guardsmen he is berating... otherwise he'd have to bend over backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        If there is a "negative steep angle" this one has it:

I think we've got winner!!

Comment

Certainly the feel good thread of the Christmas season.

Robt.

Comment

I looked at all my visors and there are only three with steep angle peaks. The two above and this medic. I would love to see some more. J
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ben--the Italian makers allowed the soldier to choose the angle of his visor per this chart:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X