Tropical M40 #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical M40 #3

I was looking at POSSIBLY buying on of the three hats that I am going to show you.
    I would like a nice tropical hat but haven't the knowledge that other people have, so I have to pick your brains.
    Here are pictures of an tropical General Staff(?) M40. I am hoping that I have enough pictures that someone can give a reasonable opinion as to it's originality.
    So, here we go!
    Thanking all in advance.
    Tim
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You need to show the grommets from the inside of all three caps...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
              You need to show the grommets from the inside of all three caps...
              I'll make arrangements to get pics and put them in the proper thread. Thank you.

Comment

Would this one be from the same same source as the green soutached cap? Identical late cockade, identical cotton sewing it on and similar hard looking soutache. The visible eyelet on this one could be OK, but again I'm uneasy about the cap's under peak stitching (I've photos on file of two Landes Lief Genossenschafts Mittel — or however you spell it — and both have two narrowly spaced lines on the underside of the peak). Lastly, the eagle application is anachronistic.
                Individual variants are fine, but cap after cap, everyone slightly different and none conforming to the known standards, I just don't buy them. And wouldn't if I were you.
                Cheers
                Mike

Comment

Code:
                  Individual variants are fine, but cap after cap, everyone slightly different and none conforming to the known standards, I just don't buy them
                  Totally agree with Mike comments
                  MSteve

Comment

Tim,
                    Despite what Mark and I have said, do still post photos of these caps' eyelets, if you can get them
                    Cheers
                    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                      I'll make arrangements to get pics and put them in the proper thread. Thank you.
                      Look forwards to seeing them. It's very fortunate that all three caps appeared at the same time & from the same seller. If taken individually these caps pose a real problem...& will do so into the future when they have aged. Your friend should return them.

Comment

I like all 3 caps posted. The LAGO Niedersachsen caps are interesting. We usually see the Mitteldeutschland variety but like them they show a hersteller number in the stamp and, to me, all have a characteristic manufacturing style.... they are well made tall caps with a look.

Robt.
                        Ps..... each hersteller could impart their own technique to the cap assembly as well as differences in fabrics depending what was available at a given time.
                        Last edited by RGD51; 11-06-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Here are the inside pictures of the grommets from all three hats.
                          They took pictures and didn't differentiate for me.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X