WH M43 cap italian made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solo View Post
    This is mine ,I got it when I was Young I was 10 years old ,now I am 63 . I founded in a farm near Lago Trasimeno in Italy.
    I lets speak the pics
    And the photos speak well, a wonderful example!
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

classical italian made german fieldcap

Comment

Interesting discussion. In addition to the two-piece Italian made eagle and cockade embroidered on dark wool previously discussed, this is a more common one-piece insignia found on Italian made caps.

I have never seen Italian-produced bevo style woven insignia, and I'll be interested to see where this discussion goes.

From my limited observation, the Italian produced insignia is embroidered on wool or cotton. I own examples for caps woven onto to the dark or olive green backing wool in one and two piece insignia for the M43 cap, and breast eagles for army continental tunics and Luftwaffe tropical types. All my types are embroidered outside German specs, not wove bevo style. Some are quite crude.

s/f Robert
        Attached Files

Comment

Very,very interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
            Neither am I; and this is the second one I have 'seen' in the past 30 days!! This one well used, the other Mint.

B. N. Singer
            I was sent pictures of this exact cap ,insignia is sewn through the liner as well interesting cap I like it
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Italian M43 with extra trap

Wanted to bring this back up to the top with my contribution of the Italian M43 caps. I had the Bevo trap for about a year now. I saw the M43 for sale and pulled the trigger. Was bought from Griffin Military.
              Classic Italian wool cap body, gray shirt wool liner, stamped 58, (more like a 55!), Bevo trap not sewn through liner as well, also the greenish wood button.
              Great M43, comments welcome as always! Thank you, and All the Best. Dave.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by STUG III; 10-04-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Front of cap
                Attached Files

Comment

with extra trap
                  Attached Files

Comment

Side shot
                    Attached Files

Comment

another side shot
                      Attached Files

Comment

backside of trap, for better picture let me know, had to hurry. Going to work.
                        Used some of the Photos from Griffin Military wanted to give them credit for great shots!
                        Attached Files

Comment

FOTO 33 posted by RobertE IMHO is quite authentic but not IMO Italian in origin.. Billbert

Comment

Another classical WH italian made cap !
                            Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X