No announcement yet.

WH M43 cap italian made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be happy to have it in my collection.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

This is mine ,I got it when I was Young I was 10 years old ,now I am 63 . I founded in a farm near Lago Trasimeno in Italy.
      I lets speak the pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
              This is mine ,I got it when I was Young I was 10 years old ,now I am 63 . I founded in a farm near Lago Trasimeno in Italy.
              I lets speak the pics
              That is interesting and the sort of evidence I am looking for. Just goes to show there is always something new to learn in this game.

Is the one on your cap sewn through the liner ?

I have to concede, whoever made these traps, had a good appreciation of a certain type WW2 Italian eagle made for the Germans. Have a look post number 35 & 58 of this thread to see what I mean;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...n+Breast+eagle

Look at that type of Italian eagle head, beak & body being replicated in the trap.

Well if these have been around for at least 53 years then I would say WW2 Italian made trap for the Germans would explain it

"They never did that, yes they did",

Chris

Comment

Yes the trap is sewn throu the fabric .THere is a eagle take off from another cap
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
                  Yes the trap is sewn throu the fabric .THere is a eagle take off from another cap
                  And the thread that the trap has been sewn on with, appears to be an exact match with what the rest of the cap is sewn up with and thus original to the cap ?

Thanks for double checking that and the excellent images.

Well, unless it is something made in the 1950's. Your evidence would have to confirm that these Italian made "traps" are in fact good which is what Glenn stated in post number 6.

Just goes to prove, the more Italian made M43 caps one gets to see the more interesting they become

Chris
                  Last edited by 90th Light; 12-19-2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

hybrid

The exterior of the cap looks to be standard WH feldgrau cloth. The lining, buttons and trap are standard Italian components which I don't recall seeing without the usual Italian bluish colored cloth exterior. Are there more examples of this hybrid to show out there? The Cubs win the World Series, Trump wins the presidency and now this! (Humor for those who do not get it)

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                      The exterior of the cap looks to be standard WH feldgrau cloth. The lining, buttons and trap are standard Italian components which I don't recall seeing without the usual Italian bluish colored cloth exterior. Are there more examples of this hybrid to show out there? The Cubs win the World Series, Trump wins the presidency and now this! (Humor for those who do not get it)
                      The material, buttons used and the lining of the cap are entirely in line with what is seen on M43's manufactured in Italy during WW2.

And as long as the "All Blacks" keep winning the world rugby cup there is nothing else to worry about. (Humor too, if you have heard of the All Blacks and know any Kiwi's ),

Chris

Comment

Hello,

Great thread ! I love seeing the used example and a loose piece. Confirmation of sewing through the liner is also a nice add.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by FESTUNGBREST View Post
                          I would certainly not want take a chance on such an atypical cap without in the current speculatory market. Let me guess: to be tagged "discussed" & destined for the estand in a week or so and ?...
                          Certainly not ... it's in my collection for a very long time and i hope it will stay in it !
                          I'm happy to see a nice discussion around an unusual cap and badges set !
                          This is the only bevo italian made version i know of ? the 2 pieces embroidered version is more known ?
                          Nick

Comment

Very very interesting who was the subcontractor and maker of bevo version insignia for "Berven Padova" company.

Comment

I hope you like to see the reverse of the triangular
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
                                Very very interesting who was the subcontractor and maker of bevo version insignia for "Berven Padova" company.
                                Hello,

This is a great question. Who did make this insignia and did they make any other?? I take it that the "Berven Padova" Company made the hats?

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X