Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WH M43 cap italian made

Everything italian made on it !
    Wool , lining made from shirt wool , buttons , low form , woven trap !
    Only the german made Edelweiss was added "once" !
    Not that easy to see , especially complete with original applied front badge .
    Nick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I am not familiar with the trapezoid. I would love to hear some more comments on it.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
        Hello,

I am not familiar with the trapezoid...

Fred
        Neither am I; and this is the second one I have 'seen' in the past 30 days!! This one well used, the other Mint.

B. N. Singer
        Attached Files
        Last edited by B. N. Singer; 12-18-2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I have only seen them in wool 2 piece construction. Interesting trap.

Comment

I think they are original,just the trapazoid version of Italian M-43 insignia.

Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
              I think they are original,just the trapazoid version of Italian M-43 insignia.
              Glenn
              So far, I like them too, the materials and construction is in keeping with other known originals.
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

On the one I was sent images of, the trap had been are applied by sewing through the liner. How do we feel about that ?

I have no problem with the cap, it is definitely Italian made.

Personally, I am weary that these "traps" could be a recent creation and have been applied to some Italian caps found without badges. Certainly never seen anything like it before until this year,

Chris

Comment

cap

I would certainly not want take a chance on such an atypical cap without in the current speculatory market. Let me guess: to be tagged "discussed" & destined for the estand in a week or so and ?...

Comment

Hello,

John H.- You are talking about the hat itself , correct?

Galizien 41- Do you have a picture of the 2 piece insignia? Was it German or Italian made?

Does anybody have or has anybody handled any of these trapazoids on the loose? I have never seen this insignia before and it is very interesting to me. Thanks.

Fred

Comment

here one with 2 piece insignia
                      http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=3826

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                        Hello,

John H.- You are talking about the hat itself , correct?

Galizien 41- Do you have a picture of the 2 piece insignia? Was it German or Italian made?

Does anybody have or has anybody handled any of these trapazoids on the loose? I have never seen this insignia before and it is very interesting to me. Thanks.

Fred
                        Fred here is the Italian made M43 by this cap maker that Mike Davis sold on Virtual Grenadier. These are the two Italian embroidered badges that one usually finds on these caps and they are not sewn through the liner;

http://virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=3826

I have one exactly like the one Mike sold that was bought back by a NZ soldier.

As I have already stated, I have never seen that type of trap until this year,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav 43 View Post
                          Thank you Gustav 43 and Chris This is what I thought he meant. There is a breast eagle in this pattern, wool also.

Fred

Comment

bevo

Are there any other "Italian bevo" items known? Seems most highly unusual that such a trap has only recently come to light. I have two Italian-made caps with the typical two-piece embroidered insignia.

Comment

Hello pauke,

That was also a big question for me. I have seen some political patches done in BeVo but never any pieces for the German army before.

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X