MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed out on the bargain of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be helpful to remember that if you had bid on it, it might not have been the deal of a lifetime. It's easy for collectors to lament an item that ended at auction at a low price, thinking they could have gotten it for near that price had they bid. All you need are two bidders who want an item equally and the bidding can soar in seconds.

J-

Comment

Ben, I sincerely feel for you. I can't tell you how many good items I have missed over the years because I hesitated. When this happens, I try to console myself by thinking of all the really good items I have acquired, but those things missed always creep back in my mind to torment me.

Keep the faith, maybe another one will turn up when you least expect it...

Tom

Comment

I sadly seem to remember all the items I've missed or due to lack of funds that were a steal (one, the early commercial PPK that was only 375 at the same gun show for three years because it had a cracked grip and the RSHA PPK with no grips or mag that sold for 250). A good way to look at it is hopefully an appreciative collector got his/her hands on it and as others have said, knowing one is out there, there are more!

Comment

ouch. Someone really, really got lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonA View Post
            It might be helpful to remember that if you had bid on it, it might not have been the deal of a lifetime. It's easy for collectors to lament an item that ended at auction at a low price, thinking they could have gotten it for near that price had they bid. All you need are two bidders who want an item equally and the bidding can soar in seconds.

J-
            This is how I try to think about my missed opportunities as well....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by New kid View Post
              Maybe it will surface again one day !
              sure, but for 1000 then

Comment

Originally posted by Buckliger View Post
                sure, but for 1000 then

All restored properly and the badges neatly reapplied, it might sell for US$5,000 or more.

Bone white faded officer caps are just so, so hard to find. An untouched all original 1941 faded officer Pz. Grenadier in very good condition could go for around US$15,000 (imagine what a 1940 dated example is worth ),

No wonder Ben has a sense of loss on this one,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X