Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed out on the bargain of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed out on the bargain of a lifetime!

It's taken me awhile to post this because I was so angry and upset with myself for a long time for not getting this cap.

I spotted it on a German auction site back in December for just 100 euro starting bid and no reserve. I should have registered and placed a bid right then and there but I didn't and left it too late to bid and it sold for just 100 euro to someone else!!!!!!

Gutted is not the word for how I felt.

I'd love someone to say it's fake but I know it's not plus it's a Pz Gren soutached cap as well!

Does anyone know who got it or where it is now?
    I offered the auction house 500 euro to put me in touch with the winning bidder but they ignored me. They must have thought I was bonkers!
    Attached Files

Geez man....a bleached pz gren Lubstein officers! OMG! How could you and you are just the man to have fixed it up. He who hesitates is ......well you know the rest.

Robt.

Comment

Oh mate, I was so upset because I've been looking for a bleached out cap like this for maybe 10 years! plus I have the perfect worn insignia for as such a cap as well.
      Last edited by BenVK; 01-29-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

The Horror
        Attached Files

Comment

For 5,000 euros I'll tell you where it is Just kidding Ben.

Looks like a nice cap. Heart breaking!

Comment

Ben,
            I feel your pain......
            Mark
            NZ

Comment

Ouch ...you can't have them all but you are having many...certainly worthy of a BEN resto..Sorry
              Billbert

Comment

Hi Ben

It is a killer cap, what the hell were you thinking in that you hesitated and lost out....?

But they are still out there this cap proves it

best of luck
                Tim

Comment

Had the same experience with on-line auctions. Thought I would do a last minute sniper bid so as to not arouse interest. Then clean forgot until half an hour after the auction was over and the item sold for next for nothing

Next one I found I placed a bid early, having learnt from my last mistake, the bidding went mental and the item sold for way more than it was worth or I was prepared to pay

Sometimes you are damned if you do and damned if you don't

The annoying thing is, the item you missed then haunts you like a ghost. Every so often you think back and remember, "I should have got that. Why did I not pull the trigger when I had the chance".

Thus you are not alone on this one Ben or how you feel. It all part of collecting. Hopefully there is something else really good just around the corner waiting for you to find that you can now use the money to get,

Chris

Comment

How unfortunate.

Comment

Ben,
                      It wasn't me.
                      I've managed to pick up quite a few bargains by taking a chance on poor photos so I'm sure that you will get another chance.
                      This cap would look incredible with an eagle and cockade restored. I'm sure that many would agree but unfortunately some believe that if you do a restoration suddenly you're destroying its history. I've tried to give caps a restoration and been completely open about it but have been highly criticised and ridiculed for doing so.

Mark

Comment

It's a longshot but you can always ask the auction to please pass on your contact info the winning bidder. I did this once at a Butterfield & Butterfield's auction about 20ish years ago and ended up getting an item I missed from the winning bidder.
                        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Yeah that sucks Ben, have been in your shoes before my friend, and yes they are still out there.

Comment

And a sz 59! A really rare monster.

Robt.

Comment

Maybe it will surface again one day !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X