Luftwaffe Hermann Meyer visor opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Hermann Meyer visor opinion

I don't know much about tropical uniforms, so please help me guys, is this visor original?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 03-21-2020, 07:45 AM. Reason: Outside image hosting

I found this topic, so will be better if I will not take this.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=599944
    Last edited by Lukasz78; 10-17-2015, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Will say this-- the insignia and chinstrap are incorrect but, I have never seen a HM cap by "Almi" and will do the proverbial headscratch. Anyone on this issue or is it all definitely bad?

Robt.

Comment

I know this man who want to sell this cap, and he's got a lots of things, and most are good. I didn't take this cap because i don't know about tropical items, but in my opinion, the visor - except the insignia of course - can be good.
        Last edited by Lukasz78; 10-17-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

... IMO buttons are not right, chinstrap bad, visor end looks bad, fabric wrong.... need I say more?

Comment

Same opinion !
            Vent holes not correct also .
            Nick

Comment

One look fake with contrived wear & aging

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                Same opinion !
                Vent holes not correct also .
                Nick
                IMHO this vent holes are common, look at this one for example http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Luftw...s/L007764.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tim OK View Post
                  One look fake with contrived wear & aging
                  I don't have enough knowledge and arguments to feel brave enough to admit that is fake, but i think You could have right about the wear and aging (it was also mention before), but i think also that it's not enough to say that's is a definitely fake, because we could harm someone with the comment like Your, unless You are 100 % sure that is impossible to dirt the cap like this with normal wearing - because i'm not.
                  IMHO dirt is a argument, but not strong to eliminate something completely.
                  I saw only this pictures, which are not high quality, and i think that the hand inspection
                  could say more, but for me better is to leave it alone.
                  Last edited by Lukasz78; 10-18-2015, 05:21 AM.

Comment

These vent holes are not the german ones but comes from an italian pith helmet !
                    Common practice to "complete" a cap , good or not ...
                    Look at the inside system and you will see the difference , outside look is correct !
                    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                      These vent holes are not the german ones but comes from an italian pith helmet !
                      Common practice to "complete" a cap , good or not ...
                      Look at the inside system and you will see the difference , outside look is correct !
                      Nick
                      Yes, good point because there was indeed more to say about this cap. It also lacks the cotton rectangle in the forehead area which is featured on original caps. The negatives outweigh the positives for this critique so far.

Robt.

Comment

Agree with all the negative points discussed so far, it was a fake for me in 2012 and remains so today.
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X