No announcement yet.

what do you think ? - Admirals visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eduardo, I agree--here is a good contrast between the visor bullion and the insignia:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Another:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

My concern would be that this is a KM NCO visor that had a Bundesmarine visor transplant:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Visor

Hello ,
          the visor at the top of the thread is mine now, absolute matching insignia, no double holes or any thing leading to a replaced visor, nice condition which is matching in all parts. (seems not very much used cap).
          Eduardo had the chance to see more pictures of it and he liked what he saw. So far for the first cap.

For the admiral's visor in question here, its a very "used" cap which I would expect for officers on duty of ships but not for an admiral.

For the other items of the auction belonged to Schultze, personally I am suspicious. I liked the reefer at the frist galnce but after a discussion with Eduardo it changed... (see his remark in the previous post)
          Also have a look at the cap badge and the wall plaque. Both same material, both same way of aging (or cleaning)....but maybe I am to much paranoid.

Regards
          Christian
          Attached Files
          Last edited by compressore; 02-25-2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Just a cautionary word, not talking about the particular Admiral's cap here but rather caps in general:

In my experience, it was not uncommon for naval officers, upon promotion, to change out the visors rather than automatically rush out to buy a complete new cap. These people were not being cheap, but rather being frugal, a common trait of that generation. Of course, in such a scenario, it is incumbent upon the collector to thoroughly inspect the assembly to satisfy themselves that the change is period. I would hate to see a world where every cap with changed visor is automatically deemed bad.

Comment

Agree with you Leroy, is not rare, I even had a staff officer cap with the visor replaced that surfaced together with the old visor, so agree that is not a rule, replaced is not bad or franky automatically
              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X