Another Tropical M40 with a sweatband ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btt for William,

Can anyone else add anything to this thread about these HB M40's ?

Comment

I only relate to HB as a maker of 'sidecaps' per se. Can anyone post a legit 'visor' cap of his-- trop or otherwise? Just curious and open to enlightenment or refresh my memory, thanks.

Robt.

Comment

The cap which Tim has shown in post numbers 42 to 45, is a "Felina" ('Grilling & Co') that has had a fake "Hans Brandt, 41" stamp added to it.

That type of "Felina" was discussed in this thread. They are most likely assembled from bins of parts of unassembled caps found in Poland in the 1980's

(http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=Felina

Of course, there are also perfectly original "Felina" caps usually maker stamped 'Grilling & Co' that were made before May 1945 and brought back from Afrika/ Italy by Allied veterans,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
          I only relate to HB as a maker of 'sidecaps' per se. Can anyone post a legit 'visor' cap of his-- trop or otherwise? Just curious and open to enlightenment or refresh my memory, thanks.

Robt.
          Hi Robert

Thought that too, but then someone said HB made visors too but have not found one to post ? But have we seen an HB continental sidecap or two over the many years ?

& Chris

If this cap is a Felina, (possible but not completely convinced of that) its not the only one with this 1941 HB stamp...but your saying its not related to the other Hans Brandt 842 M40's.

thanks
          Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim OK View Post

If this cap is a Felina, (possible but not completely convinced of that) its not the only one with this 1941 HB stamp...but your saying its not related to the other Hans Brandt 842 M40's.

thanks
            Tim
            It is definitely an unmarked (Poland finished off) "Felina" Tim,

all someone has done, is to stamp a dodgy "HB 41" makers stamp into it to try and make it look like a legitimate soutached Afrika/ Beehive type cap,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X