No announcement yet.

SS Cloth Peaked Feldmuetze Alter Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another nice Totenkopf image. I think he might even have a Heer eagle on this cap as well.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ben,

congrats man, I saw that cap as soon as the update listed. I would have bought it but I don't collect SS stuff but love that look it has. Congrats on a great score for you collection, it will be well cared for and appreciated. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post

Can you do me a favour please? I'd love to find a period photo of a similar cap being worn. It would be great to have it alongside the cap.
        Here are two officer worn versions, although not sure if they are from trikot and at least one (bottom) appears a "real" officer version with the velvet band.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Zauberflöte; 03-29-2015, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Congrats on this cap Ben !!! A cap every SS collector can dream about

Comment

This is one of my favourite Pictures of such a cap in wear .
            Attached Files

Comment

Ben, that's gotta be one of the most killer SS crushers I've ever seen! Congrats on an awesome piece!

Comment

Damned Ben, you was ahead of me. I wanted to buy this salty visor, but notice, to me regret, it was already sold. Congrats, on your rare cap!

Here is mine.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Fred, I remember your cap well, it's fantastic, thanks for showing it us again.

Comment

Dammit Ben.. I love it. Just a pure screamer man.. Would love to have that one in hand.. That thing saw some serious wear.. Doesn't get any better..

Keep this guy in mind "if ever" the time comes..

Comment

Congrats Ben.

Comment

Ben,

I am glad that you got this - well done and well deserved.

Mike

Comment

Ben, your cap oozes character and history. Between your cap and the mint one that Shea has for sale in his site, I would take yours each and every time.
                          When you go home
                          Tell them for us and say
                          For your tomorrow
                          We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                          Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Reminds me of this one--just cannot tell if he has the cloth-covered peak (there is a better pic of him looking at the camera, I believe):
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

One of thee top five visors I have ever seen. Awesome. J

Comment

I'm overwhelmed by all the positive responses, thank you.

I was having second thoughts about spending so much money on a very salty example like this. It's always difficult to judge how much to invest and I don't mind admitting that I lost quite a bit of money on the salty Cavalry Alter Art that I put on the estand recently. It's always a delicate balance between heart and head. I just knew I had to have this one though!

For me, the epitome of the SS in combat can be summed up in the caps that they wore in the field and this one definitely fits that catogory.

Thanks for the period images posted as well, keep them coming! I love looking at them.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by BenVK; 03-30-2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X