No announcement yet.

Landespolizei Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't aware of inconsistencies regarding my willingness to openly discuss items presented for comment, I will have to examine my conscience on that.........there done.

Unless I am frightfully mistaken, I had thought that I have proven more than willing to present arguments to support my opinions about items. Obviously, I have posted many detailed threads of photos and diagrams pointing out the traits of fake and real police insignia. To my recollection I have never made the " don't tell the fakers too much" argument. But perhaps you recall my past contributions better than I.

If you do not wish to expound on your declaration " it's rubbish" you certainly don't have to. I merely said I would be interested in hearing why it is rubbish. How that has resulted in calling me out for some alleged past sins, that I don't recall, seems rather pointless.

You and I have " history". Let's leave it at that. Getting into a name calling exercise will add nothing to honest discussion. At least "I " don't want to play.

W.Unland

Comment

The last photograph (in post #14) does show the Hausmutze in wear by transitional LAPO units. Notice the Heer breast eagle and the Heer rank stripes on the shoulder. This cap had a wear out period but the next logical insignia would have been to add the Nationale cockade to the peak and the 1934 Pol eagle to the band. So this configuration with one state cockade or one national cockade and the 1934 eagle could be correct.

I have problems with the construction of this cap shown though. First, the sewing of the band seems rather haphazard, particularly at the bottom. Second, the visor is pointed in front and this construction does not show up in period photographs that I have seen. These caps are almost non-existant today so telling exactly what an original Polizei Hausmutze should look like is a problem.

Comment

I see only photos pre-ww2, ww2 photos I was wondering where you see the use of headgear by the Polizei.

Comment

As I tried to explain in my first post......

The hausmutze specified in the 1936 regulations specified a leather brim, and brown band. Not the cap that started this discussion. I'm not talking about "war time" use. I'm talking about the "NAZI" era. I would never expect to see such a cap in use during hostilities. They had long since been replaced by then.

The NS-zeit first pattern cap eagle was worn on police caps for some few years BEFORE the 1936 standardization. There are MANY photos of Prussian SchuPo wearing their old blue uniforms and caps with NAZI cap eagles.

The caps in the photos are pre-1936 Prussian LaPo caps. As George stated two posts above, during the transition a police eagle could certainly have been worn on these pre-1936 caps. For how long I can only guess. A "first pattern" 1934 style eagle would be expected, but still an eagle. I only proffered that some old LaPo guy could have switched out for the "new" 1936 eagle before abandoning the cap totally.

So YES, such a cap could have been worn by LaPo NCO's prior to the 1936 regulations when the NS government was in power, Not during the war per-se but during the NS-zeit.

George,

I couldn't tell if the brim was pointed or bent. the whole thing is "scrunched" out of shape. Hard to tell what its "normal" shape is. The "flat" cockade certainly seems to be the same type shown in that transitional period photo.

I still think that there is a lot of issues, and doubt that I would buy it. I am just not totally convinced that it is a fantasy piece.

W.Unland
          Last edited by W.Unland; 04-03-2015, 02:52 AM.

Comment

You compare the cap in question with pre 1936 Prussian ones.....however, it has at least the wrong color for.

Let us forgett for a moment this little point "wrong color" (who cares about such features ) I never saw any period photos (and I had/saw already thousends) of Prussian Hausmützen showing an eagle on it (tri-color yes). However, such caps are so called interim-caps (training/barrack work) not for official occasions.

Post 1936 wannebe Hausmütze
            Last edited by Gerd W.; 04-03-2015, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks Gerd.

As one who has actually seen one of these your opinion is greatly valued. One question though. Did all the LaPo guys end up in the military or did some end up in the OrPo?

The materials of the cap in question remind me of the lining, piping, and wool of a NS-zeit police greatcoat, so perhaps another use for cut up coats.

Regards,
              Bill U

Comment

here are the pictures of how it was regards sergio
                Attached Files

Comment

inside
                  Attached Files

Comment

The color is not correct for this type of hat, which is why I wrote that it is "fantasy"...I think this hat has many points that are not going well, maybe just as it says below: manufactured with some coat (for this reason why the water front that looks crooked hand cut).
                    I understand that the use of this hat is pre-1936, but there is no reference photo (even one) with metal signs Polizei...it would be interesting to see an old photo with this mix

Comment

Originally posted by U-21 View Post
                      The color is not correct for this type of hat, which is why I wrote that it is "fantasy"...I think this hat has many points that are not going well, maybe just as it says below: manufactured with some coat (for this reason why the water front that looks crooked hand cut).
                      I understand that the use of this hat is pre-1936, but there is no reference photo (even one) with metal signs Polizei...it would be interesting to see an old photo with this mix

but if you've never seen one, why write ???

Comment

Originally posted by ferdinandmax View Post
                        but if you've never seen one, why write ???
                        .....for this reason, to understand what is this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by U-21 View Post
                          the Water front that looks hand cut crooked). no one is perfect, and the fabric is not to coat regards sergio

Comment

As said, for the "new" LaPo it has the wrong coloring .....same is for older style Prussian or Bavarian LaPo uniforms.

There are post 1936 Police crushers, but they are very different as well (but not in my field of collecting interest)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just saw this very early post war Niedersachsen officer (credits to the owner).

He is with a TR colored cloth visor cap, the lower saxony horse on the cap badge + TR uniform
                              Attached Files

Comment

This cap was transformed like mine, here's the proof, regards sergio
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X