Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah ok, I see what you mean now, thanks!

Comment

Being a bit 'slow' I'm trying to find reference to having noted a gold central circle in the roundel. All mine have the silver…

Comment

Yeah, that's only thing that's putting me off buying it yet. I couldn't find another "all gold" one..

Comment

I thought the cockade was always black/silver/red to represent the German flag (or national colors) of black/white/red. I also haven't seen a gold cockade.

Comment

Don't paticularly like it. I would pass and wait for another.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
              Guys, what do you think of this one?

One-looker bad IMO but you have to agree the bullion work is exceptional.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                The black of the roundel is 'usually' blackened aluminum wire versus rayon or cloth. Some folks believe cloth/rayon's a red flag. It's not. Below an aluminum on and yours beneath it.
                I have to disagree Rick. But it is only semantics. A "red flag' doesn't mean "BAD", it just means TAKE A CLOSER LOOK. IMO a black thread roundel IS a red flag. I agree with you that it did happen during the TR, but it was rare. It is much the same with reverse-twist cap chords. They are rare, but they did occur. If you see a cap with reverse-twist cap chords, 99% of the time they are postwar added (and/or postwar made), thus a red flag.

Comment

Trying to get everyone to agree on bullion work is like asking which football team is the best!

Comment

SgtB, I agree with everything you've said. Ben and I had some off thread dialog about this and I think we both agree this one's bad contrary to my first (stated) impression.

Ben needs a good one if anyone has a suggestion.

Rick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X