JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LW Herman Goering Panzer Barett, please help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exotic items most of the time come without era pics and if they are the wrong pics which doesn't show the exact item etc..
    With things like this it's more a matter of good provenance rather than asking what do you guys think .. ?
    At the end it still might be a questionable item.
    I wouldn't put hard earned money in things like this, question will always be " is it ..or is it not .." ?

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos L C View Post
      Exotic items most of the time come without era pics and if they are the wrong pics which doesn't show the exact item etc..
      With things like this it's more a matter of good provenance rather than asking what do you guys think .. ?
      At the end it still might be a questionable item.
      I wouldn't put hard earned money in things like this, question will always be " is it ..or is it not .." ?

Jos.
      Dear Jos, there no provenance with this beret, but the discussion gave me the answers, at first I was sure this one is a fake, but interesting that this type was sewed in Poland in Lublin, I never seen before this type and in the books too... Any collector like the provenance, but not all pieces come with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
        Can I see a nice flat view of the eagle? I am not too fond of what I see so far regarding the quality of the eagle.

Note how close the eagle is to the cockade as compared to the one in the photo. Not saying that is an absolute but something to explore further.

We had a very lengthy discussion (like 16 pages) regarding Luft Panzer berets in the past and it was pointed out there was a armored recon element very early on. Doesn't mean I have yet to see a Luft beret I think was original.
        Willi thank you for your impression, here the close up pictures of LW insignia. But I see on this beret the shadows from Heer cocade and eagle, and strange that in this places the cloth are repaired sewn.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Uhu, I am sorry but I don't like that eagle at all. Originals look much better than this one. The details are very poor and incorrect.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Jos L C View Post

Jos.

Wise words Jos.

Agree with Willi about the eagle, don't like it and certainly is not original to the beret.
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X