WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LW Herman Goering Panzer Barett, please help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Herman Goering Panzer Barett, please help..

Dear friends, a friend of mine have got an offer to buy this LW beret, but we can't find any information to compare it with textbooks examples, its materials are very differs from the normal WH Pz. beret. which I know... Please help with your opinions and authentications. In next thread I will show the Stug Pz. Beret which also are in this offer... Many thanks. :give-up:
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I would like to see a pic of beret held up to a bright light. Does it look like it had a "piggy" on it? From what I can see it look good. Another very rare beret if it turns out to be a good one

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
            I would like to see a pic of beret held up to a bright light. Does it look like it had a "piggy" on it? From what I can see it look good. Another very rare beret if it turns out to be a good one
            Thank you for your answer, but the wool cloth of a cover are very thick and the light passes very bad((((
            Attached Files

Comment

Very dangerous and expensive pieces to dabble into if you do not know what you are looking at. These (this one and StuG) are some of the rarest of the rare. I know nothing about these. But I am not sure I have ever seen a photo of an HG one in wear. Not sure it really makes sense as the HG panzer division began forming on November of 42 and was not really ready until mid 43. Were these being worn that late. Maybe? I am not sure. I guess a soldier could have taken a Heer one and replaced the insignia...But I would proceed with extreme caution and skepticism.

Comment

I am not aware of any Panzer units attached to the HG in the time period where a beret would have been worn.

Don

Comment

They had them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Super rare, then. I wonder if they were for recce units as opposed to Panzer?

Don

Comment

BTW, here is another Werner-Holt Lublin SW made Panzerbarett: Click!

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
                        BTW, here is another Werner-Holt Lublin SW made Panzerbarett: Click!
                        Now I believe this berets are original and were poduced in the same time, but interesting that your shown beret with Heer insignia. And on my beret cover I also see the shadow from Heer insignia. Now only the question are this LW insignia originally applied on beret cover, but I think this was made by collector.
                        This two berets are offered for very high price from one US collection.
                        Last edited by Uhu; 11-07-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

well if original it was probably stripped post war. Then seller then added the Luft HG insignia which is relatively cheap actually (can get the bird and cockade for probably under $100) and is trying to sell it as something more exotic and desirable. The cockade does seem a bit high compared to the photos.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                            Very dangerous and expensive pieces to dabble into if you do not know what you are looking at. These (this one and StuG) are some of the rarest of the rare. I know nothing about these. But I am not sure I have ever seen a photo of an HG one in wear. Not sure it really makes sense as the HG panzer division began forming on November of 42 and was not really ready until mid 43. Were these being worn that late. Maybe? I am not sure. I guess a soldier could have taken a Heer one and replaced the insignia...But I would proceed with extreme caution and skepticism.
                            I did own one original beret which I did study closely before passing on. That's all I can say about this one is that the beret itself does look correct. I cannot say if the insignia is original to it. It may or may not be. The crash helmet looks correct but I do like to see the makers tag in middle which is missing on this one. Are there any signs of a tag ever being there?

Comment

Can I see a nice flat view of the eagle? I am not too fond of what I see so far regarding the quality of the eagle.

Note how close the eagle is to the cockade as compared to the one in the photo. Not saying that is an absolute but something to explore further.

We had a very lengthy discussion (like 16 pages) regarding Luft Panzer berets in the past and it was pointed out there was a armored recon element very early on. Doesn't mean I have yet to see a Luft beret I think was original.
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X