Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both are stunning examples.

Comment

The eagle on Mayers cap is a known fake.

Comment

Originally posted by madandi View Post

Yep!!

Comment

Originally posted by madandi View Post
          Which would raise the question are both caps of the same maker ? Looks like the same button holes and buttons as well
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Hello,

I agree with all that the eagle on the mayer cap is a known reproduction. If the insignia is factory sewn and not through the liner is does not bode well for the cap.

I do not care for the eagle on the cap that started this thread either. This could be a foreign made eagle.

Fred
            Last edited by Fred Green; 06-06-2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
              Hello,

I agree with all that the eagle on the mayer cap is a known reproduction. If the insignia is factory sewn and not through the liner is does not bode well for the cap.

I do not care for the eagle on the cap that started this thread either. This could be a foreign made eagle.

Fred
              I didn't care for the eagle on the cap that started the thread as well Fred
              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Paukenslag cap buttons are not KM IMO, can we see a close-up of front and back of button please?

Comment

Here some close ups of the buttons
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

While definitely not a KM/CA collector, I do not like this style of button. Is this an acceptable button on a period KM/CA enlisted man's M43 style cap?

Fred

Comment

I confirm that these are not KM buttons

Comment

So if the buttons are not genuine KM I may presume the whole cap might be a high end grade reproduction? (with original triangle attached)

Comment

Well were are the M43 experts?
                          Whats the verdict, is it a fake cap or not..

Comment

The buttons are never making a cap original or not ?
                            they could have been sewn later or period .
                            It's not because those are not KM buttons that those are not original on the cap as well ? Why not simply foreign made for example ?
                            I think the eagle is a bigger issue than the buttons .
                            For me the cap looks good and the story of a different darker feldgrau wool cloth is not really known ?
                            Nick

Comment

Well this becomes interesting. Imo the eagle on my cap is without any doubt original. This tread is on the originality of the cap. Indeed the construction looks convincing but imo in theory it is possible to reproduce a cap with 100% correct construction and with use of original materials.
                              So it surprises me that till now there hasn't been brought up arguments pro or contra the originality of this cap.

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                                The buttons are never making a cap original or not ?
                                they could have been sewn later or period .
                                It's not because those are not KM buttons that those are not original on the cap as well ? Why not simply foreign made for example ?
                                I think the eagle is a bigger issue than the buttons .
                                For me the cap looks good and the story of a different darker feldgrau wool cloth is not really known ?
                                Nick
                                I agree!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X