No announcement yet.

Adolf Hitlers Visor at Craig Gottliebs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cap posted above from the German auction is a poor fake!

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
      The cap posted above from the German auction is a poor fake!
      It certainly is. The shape of the crown doesn't even remotely resemble anything that I've seen on AH's head...could be a film prop.

Comment

From another thread:
        "Well, I know a third cap of Hitler residing in a private collection - came out of the estate of one known member of the Führerbegleitkommando not too long ago."

Thorsten B.

Thorsten, is it possible to get pics and/or more information?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon. H View Post
          Hitler holding a Holters visor in this private photo, one can clearly see the logo.

[ATTACH]2812851[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2812854[/ATTACH]
          Very nice Jon Olav,thanks for schering

Comment

Does anyone have a better version of this photo, which seems to also show the Holters logo?...or does anyone know which book this page is from?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
              Does anyone have a better version of this photo, which seems to also show the Holters logo?...or does anyone know which book this page is from?

Holters2.jpg

Comment

Thanks Jon

Comment

Originally posted by alexanderautogr View Post
                  Craig seems to have a reverse Midas touch.

In the Army we used to call this the 'Fecal Touch'.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                    Here is Swearingen with the hat and tunics at one of the early MAX shows during the 80s. (Can't recall who took the pic, but maybe he can pipe in here).
                    Isn't that Frank Butcher?

Comment

I think we should refer to the two similar brown caps by the veterans who brought them back rather than by a collector/dealer that owned them. That would make the one for sale with Gottlieb the "Lt. Ben Lieber Visor" and the other one (whereabouts ?) the "Capt. Sydney Leigh Visor". I'm sure that the chain of custody could be established for each one, and their individual stories separated out from one another...

Comment

Strange seeing a high end collectible that is surmised to be owned by Wolfe-Hardin being sold in this manner.

This runs opposite of S. Wolfes business policy as I understood it, of high end items being sold on the internet.

In discussion with Steve about net sales in the past is his words were and I quote:

"once seen on the net for sale, many top end buyers loose complete interest in purchase".

If Steve or Wolfe-Hardin do own this, I surmise that Steve's philosophy has really changed.

Just speculation on my part btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Moran View Post
                          Strange seeing a high end collectible that is surmised to be owned by Wolfe-Hardin being sold in this manner

I agree..I thought something like this would be sold behind the scenes to a private collector. Would have thought there would be a line up for it too.

Glenn
                          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Did anyone get pictures of it at the SOS show wow what a freak show that display was
                            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

From what I've heard Steve Wolfe has been a long-time mentor and friend of Craig Gottlieb's, so I'm not surprised to see these items are in Craig's hands. I'm sure Steve could have sold this stuff discretely, but the publicity is worth its weight in gold for someone like Craig who is trying to build up a public career...

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                                Did anyone get pictures of it at the SOS show wow what a freak show that display was

This was posted in the SOS thread.

Glenn
                                Attached Files
                                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X