No announcement yet.

White Top Heer Officer's Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one ever answered where it's being offered...

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
      Chris , a real out of the box thought. What about it being an unissued SS summers cap, badged incorrectly/ ignorantly to Heer?

Jacques, no, as the band is green badgecloth (but very dark green):
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by beufighter View Post
        a very strange cap for sure i have been under the assumption that there were no heer white tops this one does look good but maybe to good to be true though really if you consider this is the first one known and its in better than mint condition are there any pictures of the inside

Edit* i quite like Jacques idea but even then the eagle looks like its been there for a while as the fabric seems to hang slightly over the top of the wings

Cap has good overhang. There were no extra holes in the pasteboard (which is treated). Pleating was flat & the lining tightly hand-stitched:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior & logo. Maker is Meisterklasse, which has been faked. However, this hat was light-years beyond the ones I have seen in person.
          Logo is on the exterior of the sweatdiamond in silver foil. Hat has never been worn:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
            No one ever answered where it's being offered...
            It has since been sold. It was being offered by Antique Arms & Armor.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

stonemint- thanks for adding the extra photos to the thread.

For all the people who have pm'd me asking about the price, I don't remember the exact amount he listed it for. It was somewhere between $3500-$3900.

Comment

I like the visor; stonemint couldn't find anything wrong with it. If I had been a Heer collector instead of Luftwaffe, I would have bought it.

stonemint - not trying to put too much pressure on you or your opinion, but your expertise in the visor world is quite adept, to say the least. I have no problem with a one-off piece like this as long as all the construction details and materials fall in line with period examples. I know all collectors don't feel the same, and wouldn't be willing to take a chance on something like this.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                  Jacques, no, as the band is green badgecloth (but very dark green):
                  Thanx , it looks very dark/black on my screen. J

Comment

Thanks Stonemint for the internals i reckon maybe the maker made this example and the army turned it down this might explain its mint condition and the lack of others. personally i wouldn't touch it unless it was a similar price to a normal panzer cap

Comment

same here beu.

whether the buyer likes it or not, there will always be a problem with resale IMO.

Comment

No reason a well healed pre war officer could not have had an inexpensive hat made for his summer nights out with the ladies or the race track while off duty..regulations be damned...JMHO Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X