White Top Heer Officer's Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across this interesting cap on a dealer's site and had not seen one before. I am curious, what are everyone's thoughts on a cap like this? This would be the first heer white top visor I have ever seen for sale. The dealer describes it as a "panzer" visor, but to me the piping appears more red or even carmine.
    Attached Files

I've seen this one in the flesh. It looks good to me, but this is not my expertise. A visor expert would need to see it in hand, I think. A gorgeous cap, and I know stonemint has some thoughts on this one that he will likely share if he sees this thread. If it's a ground-up fake, it's on the highest level.

J-

Comment

it doesn't give me good feelings...
      it looks too new and too white IMO.

I agree that the piping doesn't look panzer pink to me.. though this can depend on the photo and how it was taken/edited.

keep in mind that there are TOP NOTCH fakes of all things TR militaria.. and it's definitely not a stretch to have a fake of something so valuable (if real).

As an example I recently bought (and returned) an EK2 that fooled the previous owner.. and the owner before.
      Let's just say the "owner before" was a bigtime collector who even wrote quite a few books back in the day.
      Last edited by BROBS; 09-26-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Hello
        A Real curiosity !!
        I like the Inside confection .

Comment

I think it's a franky cap, made from party of an KM or LW white top.
          Probably to make a rare and much profitably cap.
          Without good provenance (maby picture in wear with that cap) I would not have it in my collection.

Cheers,
          steiner99

Comment

Just for the sake of conversation - Weren't Luft & KM white tops done in a waffle-pattern white material?

Secondly, why wouldn't the Heer have a summer visor when every other service did?

RC

Comment

There were no provisions for white top Heer visors! Unless this visor came with a Probe tag attached, it is a fake.
              There does exist one example of a Cavalry officers white top visor with the correct Probe tag as shown on page 166-167 of the book 'Exotische'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                Just for the sake of conversation - Weren't Luft & KM white tops done in a waffle-pattern white material?

Secondly, why wouldn't the Heer have a summer visor when every other service did?

RC
                Rick,

Not all white top lufts are done in a waffle pattern. I owned a NCO permanent white top with the guys tunic/dagger/ect and it was done in a very nice wool. I believe Andy at wartime relics had it at one point. I sold the grouping to s guy and he split it to the wind. So wool white top non removable caps do exist in the luft arena. Matt

Comment

Must be a damned attractive cap. Thanx for the insight.

Comment

out of curiosity, how much are they asking for this oddity

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                      Must be a damned attractive cap. Thanx for the insight.
                      Rick,

There was a thread on luft white tops and I believe I saw it in there. It was on the estand about 2 years ago and I wish I had bought it. If anyone still has it i would buy it back in a heart beat. It was hands down the nicest cap I had ever ownes. I think JasonA's buddy has it now. Matt

Comment

JasonA also has a hyper rare LW officers "permanent" wool white top - it was the first cap that came to mind when I saw this one.

I also do recall the NCO cap on the estand some time ago, would be great to see shots of it if anyone has them.

Comment

Giorgio (italianwarfront) had a very attractive luft white top non removable cap for sale for around 1k which is a very fair price. I'll see if I have pics of that luft group yet.

The cap at hand looks to be well made, what's the chance that the probe tag was just lost? I'd be extremely careful with even considering buying a white heer cap as eich pointed out they were not authorized for wear. Matt

Comment

I'd say this is the Luft cap you're referring to. It's now owned by a mate here. I've had the opportunity to handle it and it's a rather superb piece of headgear.

Mike
                            Attached Files

Comment

That luft officer's summer wool top cap was formerly owned by me, now owned by a friend (with right of first refusal back to me, I might add, as the plan was to get it back eventually).

The other wool white tops I've seen are both OR/NCO visors, both owned by other friends. Both have been posted here before...here's one of them.

J-
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X