No announcement yet.

The Fuhrer's Wardrobe Malfunction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember reading some ware many years ago that this is what the purpose for these cords were used for, and not just for decorations, It was used to keep your'e visor on your'e head on windy days.

Lou

Comment

Hitler must have picked it up from Goering--these pics are of him in 1935:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=686425
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Likely would have looked a lot stupider if the hat would have blown off and Der Fuhrer running after it.

Comment

Yeah I have seen a few pics of the fat boy wearing his visor in this fashion, just had to be on windy days I would agree.

Comment

I think when we start criticizing Hitler or Goering because either they are wearing their uniforms wrong, or we think their uniforms are inauthentic, perhaps we are the ones with a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by toadboy65 View Post
              I think when we start criticizing Hitler or Goering because either they are wearing their uniforms wrong, or we think their uniforms are inauthentic, perhaps we are the ones with a problem.
              Just go with it, man - there hasn't been this much discussion on this forum for a while.

I hope you all know that this post was just a bit of fun anyway, as a visor collector I am well versed in the proper use of the chincord.
              Last edited by BaselA; 08-13-2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Ok- I did not get the tone. I have been dealing with some collectors lately who, if they could go back in time to a Nurnberg rally, would come back to the present to complain that half the uniforms they saw there not textbook enough for their taste.

I will try to keep my sense of humor intact. toad

Comment

Sometimes its just far better to avoid wearing a hat when engaged in certain outdoor activities,
                  especially when blind-folded!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                    Likely would have looked a lot stupider if the hat would have blown off and Der Fuhrer running after it.
                    That's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                      Sometimes its just far better to avoid wearing a hat when engaged in certain outdoor activities,
                      especially when blind-folded!
                      That looks like heaven to me .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X