The Fuhrer's Wardrobe Malfunction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fuhrer's Wardrobe Malfunction?

Check out the chincord. Look's like the side bottons were the sewn on type... Must've been hard to keep a straight face in that line...
    Attached Files

It must have been a windy day!!

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Nothing wrong ...that is why chincord are made.... to hold the cap on Windy days...

Comment

That's neat. Never saw the chin cord in use before. On a boat maybe?

Comment

There are several pictures showing Hitler with the chincords in actual use, for example when he visted a Kriegsmarine ship, there are some very good color pictures of that visit on board the ship....and the chincord detail.

Comment

Proper use of the chin cord. I am pretty sure he would have noticed if this was an accident.

Comment

To me, it looked like it was dangling rather than in use. This is from a video clip - as you can see the braid from the other side is at the bottom, but the more I look I think you guys are right!
              Last edited by BaselA; 08-08-2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Their is no wardrobe malfunction here to my knowledge. It is simply just the visor cord in wear, which is not as much of a uncommon occurrence as one would think. This is simply known through different examples of this in period photographs. Note, if the visor cord were hanging flaccid, you'd think it would extend much further down than what it appears in the imagine.

youthcollector1
                Last edited by codytrcollector; 08-09-2013, 03:38 AM.

Comment

But why is Hitler only doing this???

Has anyone here ever met a Nerd that goes Excessive??? Here be the case.

Cheers,

Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by codytrcollector View Post
                    flaccid

youthcollector1

Comment

Originally posted by Gebirgsjäger View Post
                      I was hoping someone would catch that and like it. Just seemed like a good word to use when describing something that hangs from Hitler.
                      Last edited by codytrcollector; 08-09-2013, 08:01 AM.

Comment

He's all f*cked up here (EK I).

-Ray-
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is Göring using his capcords for a chinstrap (pic originally posted by Sepp45)...as already stated, cap cords, although quite ornate and seemingly decorative are in fact fully functional as chinstraps, which is why most of them are adjustable.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I've seen both Goring and Hitler (also Himmler) in film clips like that.

Comment

i have seen this fotos bevor,but have never seen a simple offizier WH,LW or Waffen SS with a visor cord in use like chinstrap,never in near 30 years in hobby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X