Heer officer M43 cap, doeskin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer officer M43 cap, doeskin

I wanted to post this for opinions before offering it for sale. Is this an original cap? Any suggestions of a realistic E-stand price in the current market would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

More
    Attached Files

Comment

Condition of the cap is outstanding. It has Jaeger insignia.
      Attached Files

Comment

Inside. Maker mark appears to be Gg. Schwert, Bamberg. Thanks for any feedback on this item.
        Attached Files

Comment

Can't say that I care for it.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I would pass also.

Comment

Maybe they know better..Just looks like a custom made cap by a large period uniform retailer/tailor .... Billbert

Comment

cap

The irregular construction details as well as overall impression are not those of an original war-time cap.

Comment

Here is another one that just popped up as good but missing trap.

https://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer...s/H042481.html

Comment

maker

Amazingly the same stamp/size and the tailor had a habit of leaving the stitching along the top front silver piping clearly exposed.

Comment

The lining fabric reminds me of that in a handful of fakes, like this tunic here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=753572

Comment

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post
                        The lining fabric reminds me of that in a handful of fakes, like this tunic here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=753572

Very interesting, it does look like the same Ribbed lining material.

Comment

I have seen one other in another collection. That makes 3 in two years including these two.

Comment

I like them more than I don’t..I’ve seen both this variation with silver buttons and sweatband and the lesser variation with fieldgrau buttons and no sweatband..JMHO Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X