WH M43 TUNIC opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WH M43 TUNIC opinions?

I just picked this up on eBay Germany from Igor Polevoy in the Ukraine.
    Just wanted to throw it up for discussion. It's my first M43 so I don't have a whole lot to go by, and it's unissued looking to me. mothing under the collar and one spot on the elbow. let me know what you think.
    Cheers;
    Norm
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a nice tunic to me...

Regards,
            Chris G.

Comment

It 'ok for me, but if it is possible for a photo of the eagle.

Comment

Thanks! here is a pic of the eagle, it's draped over a hanger reason it looks like a flag in the wind.
                Attached Files

Comment

original tunic

Comment

Comment

I don't think so. I saw a thread featuring a Reitz M43 Trouser with the same kind of twill-looking rayon lining and it was deemed a fake by pretty much everyone. Otherwise I don't like the collar-hook, as it looks like the post-war Prym hook+eye you can still buy on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm//230524631956. The difference is that the post war hooks have been compressed in a simple flat kind of way where some still have a little bump at the front where the stamp didnt cover. Pre 45 hooks have been stamped in a round kind of way. I made a quick comparison photo, left side originals - right side the modern ones:

So I think it's a fake, I'm trying to find the thread with the M43 Pants.

EDIT:
                      Found it but have to correct myself, it was a Stug-Pants
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=749109
                      Last edited by Hptm. Fuhrmann; 08-11-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I also am very suspicious. The breast pockets do not appear slanted as they should. Are those SS type belt hook support straps? The material under the collar is linen HBT, that is not mothing, what could have caused that deterioration without damaging the rest of the collar?

Comment

close up of the under-collar damage. I'm sure there are bugs that eat linen and avoid wool.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Is this the same stamp? http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=749109

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                              I also am very suspicious. The breast pockets do not appear slanted as they should. Are those SS type belt hook support straps? The material under the collar is linen HBT, that is not mothing, what could have caused that deterioration without damaging the rest of the collar?
                              I agree with Chris, that collar damage looks man made IMO. I would not want this tunic and wonder if you can get your money back if you used paypal?

Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X