Police Crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
    So, you're not an expert and you'd rather defer but in your opinion "The hat is a stunning one looker when you look at it in hand"

How is that helpful?
    My only problem with the hat was the insignia. I had never seen that set up before. Now that I see there are accepted originals like this, the hat itself is real IMO.

Ben, if you saw the hat in hand, I think you might agree.

Tom

Comment

I don't think so Tom, it's a fake IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
        I don't think so Tom, it's a fake IMO.
        Ben, I thought about how to respond to this all last night. Normally I would have made some annoying comment to just piss you off, but I have decided to make my posts much less confrontational from now on.

So let's just say I have actually seen the hat, wheras you have not. I disagree with your conclusion, I think it is 100% original and a very nice example at that.

Time will tell who is right, but no hard feelings either way.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
          Ben, I thought about how to respond to this all last night. Normally I would have made some annoying comment to just piss you off, ....
          Now you are just trying to be cynical I hope Tom....otherwise .. No need to piss anyone off in a civilized discussion IMO.

Anyway, for what it is worth, based on the photo's posted I have seen enough of the cap to still think it is a fake as well. Perhaps until better photos are provided that will be the devided verdict of this rare cap. Unfortunately.

F.

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
            Now you are just trying to be cynical I hope Tom....otherwise .. No need to piss anyone off in a civilized discussion IMO.

Anyway, for what it is worth, based on the photo's posted I have seen enough of the cap to still think it is a fake as well. Perhaps until better photos are provided that will be the devided verdict of this rare cap. Unfortunately.

F.
            Cynical, me?

On what do you base this conclusion? The photos of the interior presented were very bad BTW.

Tom

Comment

Cynical, me?

On what do you base this conclusion? The photos of the interior presented were very bad BTW.

Tom
              The sweatband, material of the liner and its application...Nothing I would expect to have seen in a original or 'one-looker' for that matter.
              This is not saved by the leather visor and overal shape of the cap but without having seen the inside - "the soul" - I would have given it a chance.

Comment

The sweatband, material of the liner and its application...Nothing I would expect to have seen in a original or 'one-looker' for that matter.
                This is not saved by the leather visor and overal shape of the cap but without having seen the inside - "the soul" - I would have given it a chance.
                Same with me. The outside looks allright. The inside from the photo's not by me :-(

Comment

Not much charmed of this application either and how those folds are created because of it...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not much charmed of this application either and how those folds are created because of it...
                    Good point, but this one received thumbs up and has a noticeably misaligned and crooked applied eagle. Guess those Germans were not perfect after all.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good point, but this one received thumbs up and has a noticeably misaligned and crooked applied eagle. Guess those Germans were not perfect after all.
                      But please compare this cap with the one that started the thread; isn't the overal appearance not far more convincing to you? Also the application of the eagle doesn't bother me at all.

Indeed I wouldn't hesitate to bring this one into my collection.

Comment

Another fine original
                        Attached Files

Comment

Stunning example
                          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X