Police Crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Crusher

Is this police crusher too good/rare/new to be true?

Came from an old collection that has been "sitting on ice", I can tell you that.

Whether it is real of not I defer to the experts....

Tom

Comment

Something's not right here but I can't put my finger on it yet.

Comment

For me the outside looks correct, but the inside has to tell the real story. I need much more photo's from the inside. Makers mark, stching, liner, sweatband etc.

Comment

Indeed far more inside shots are needed.

Erik

Comment

Comment

sorry. photos are too small. I can PM the photos to anyone interested. thanks.

Comment

Posting for David:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks Chris! Any comments?

Comment

Yes, I don't like it at all. The stiching, the liner and the sweatband are all wrong IMO. No maker marks visible, while this quality crusher should have at least a mark ore something.

Comment

Thanks Petrus.

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos of the other Police crushers, gentlemen.

When I first saw the hat that started this thread, I didn't know what to make of the insignia as I had never seen a Police crusher before. After seeing the photos of the other crushers, I now know the hat that started this thread is 100% original.

The hat is a stunning one looker when you look at it in hand. The photos of the inside that were posted are terrible and don't do it justice at all.

Thanks again for this enlightening thread.

Tom

Comment

I do not want to spoil the party Tom, but I do not share the same enthusiasm for this cap.

Regarding insignia: these crushers style caps are seen with standard metal eagle and cockarde and with the -slightly larger- special brown backed Pol eagle (for long disputed as being non-existend).

F.

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
                            Whether it is real of not I defer to the experts....
                            So, you're not an expert and you'd rather defer but in your opinion "The hat is a stunning one looker when you look at it in hand"

How is that helpful?

Comment

Might just be the photos. I would give it a second look. I wouldn't dismiss this one too soon and as always, an in-hand inspection is required to be 100% sure.
                              Ben, you know this is not my main collecting field but your opinions are always important to me and the other fellow members so what are your concerns?
                              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X