No announcement yet.

Cloth Headgear Experts Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you may be right about that. Will have to check the files on the beehives. Pretty sure all those white soutached LAGO's and the Pz rosa LAGO caps found in the beehives were similar to the Schutzen cap you posted but with maybe different numbers in the little box. Also there were those unmarked two grommet sidecaps which have turned out to be Clemens Wagner caps. Interesting observation about the soutache on this LAGO '41 cap

Comment

I told the gentleman who started this thread back then that the Lago tropical sidecap was 100% original, so I have no doubt that it hasn't been trashed. These are much more rare than any of the beehive caps and this cap is a very good example. Some collectors prefer them used but try finding one in any condition.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
        I told the gentleman who started this thread back then that the Lago tropical sidecap was 100% original, so I have no doubt that it hasn't been trashed. These are much more rare than any of the beehive caps and this cap is a very good example. Some collectors prefer them used but try finding one in any condition.

Mark
        Thanks Mark,

I appreciate your post, you sum up nicely the point I was making. The LAGO's with that version of stamp are one of my favorites, as are the Halfars. The ultimate in my opinion is to have a stone cold mint one right beside a faded salty example. The contrast and comparison is fantastic. A before the sun/ wear and the after.

Of course I also have soft spot for the "Beehive' find. It has its place in the history & study of german WW2 tropical uniforms. They are still very affordable, 101% beyond doubt originals. However, some are becoming increasingly hard to find and others have had soutache added. Thus there is a range of desirability,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X