Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloth Headgear Experts Please...

Hello Headgear experts,

I am looking for some feedback as to current value of the below varieties of headgear. The pieces in question are apart of a very old collection that a friend of mine has amassed over the last 40 years. I would greatly appreciate any insight as to an estimate of current market value or if you know of any dealers selling like items, I would appreciate the link so I could compare them. All are in great condition. Thank you for you knowledge.

1. Black Panzer Officer M43 cap

2. Black Panzer Officers overseas cap with pink soutach

3. Africa Korps enlisted mans overseas cap with pink sink soutach

4. Black Panzer Officer m43 cap (L.W. Herman Goering Division)

5. Black Panzer Generals overseas cap

6. Army Generals overseas cap (early)

Again, I would appreciate all opinions from fellow collectors that have knowledge of this area as to the rarity and value of the above selected headgear.

Shawn, I know you're trying to get valuations but you have GOT to post pics of these caps to get fair ideas as to their worth. You want a current value, not ballpark, so pics are really critical. Just my 2ยข
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I hear what you saying, pictures peak interest (especially here on the forum) and will greatly assist in determining value. The only reason I did not do this in the first place is that is is that my friend has a hard time with the whole scan, rename, & send picture thing I was hoping to avoid because walking someone through this process over the phone with someone who hates computers to begin with is enough to drive someone bonkers. However, you opinion is duly noted and I will submit myself to this process this evening and should have picture of the headgear in question posted by this evening. Again, I appreciate any help in this matter from people with greater knowledge than I have on Headgear can provide.

Comment

Better?

Here are the first two,
        Attached Files

Comment

The next
          Attached Files

Comment

More
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Headgear experts,

I am looking for some feedback as to current value of the below varieties of headgear. The pieces in question are apart of a very old collection that a friend of mine has amassed over the last 40 years. I would greatly appreciate any insight as to an estimate of current market value or if you know of any dealers selling like items, I would appreciate the link so I could compare them. All are in great condition. Thank you for you knowledge.

1. Black Panzer Officer M43 cap

2. Black Panzer Officers overseas cap with pink soutach

3. Africa Korps enlisted mans overseas cap with pink sink soutach

4. Black Panzer Officer m43 cap (L.W. Herman Goering Division)

5. Black Panzer Generals overseas cap

6. Army Generals overseas cap (early)

Again, I would appreciate all opinions from fellow collectors that have knowledge of this area as to the rarity and value of the above selected headgear.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm certainly no expert but I don't really care for any of them. Maybe better pictures would help. You would think after 40 years you'd luck into an original item now and then. Regards Jim

Comment

No expert here but..... The tropical sidecap looks fake from this photo. (Eagle & cockade may be good)
                  Need better pics including insignia & the inside view. But don't have much hope for this one.

Not so sure as Europe is not my area of interest (Afrika is) but the others don't really get me excited either but, would wait for more evaluation....from those that collect Continental.
                  Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 02-17-2013, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Fake

No expert here but..... The tropical sidecap looks fake from this photo. (Eagle & cockade may be good)
                    Need better pics including insignia & the inside view. But don't have much hope for this one.

Not so sure as Europe is not my area of interest (Afrika is) but the others don't really get me excited either but, would wait for more evaluation....from those that collect Continental. Agree Tim

The Panzer Officer overseas cap is a Janke copy, rest looks suspect

Mark S

Comment

Shawn,

I think your friend is going to be pretty upset... I am with the guys on the Heer tropical overseas cap, the eagle is for sure good on that cap and the cockade may be but would need better pics. Cap itself is more than likely bad

Heer Pz Officer cap.... id say its bad, the eagle is for sure bad, way off sewn and its just the material in general

Heer Pz Overseas cap, same thing, the cap material doesn't look right but I am far from an expert. The eagle and cockade could be legit on this one but not sure

Luft Pz cap, that eagle looks really bad but would need clear shots to be certain. The Italians made some really horrible looking original birds but my feeling is that its bad, can't comment on the cap.

Matt

Comment

Got a feeling the schutzmuetze if crap too

Comment

When I heard the inventory of your friend's collection, I was certain that at least several pieces would be fakes simply because I have never come across original examples of them. Having viewed the photos, I can see that my doubts were justified.

Comment

bevo insignia on black SS side cap are original.

Comment

I would say that the eagle on the Luft Panzer M.43 is likely bad. Could be foreign as Matt indicated, but the swaz is terribly done and the eagle itself is blocky.

J-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X