Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another. I quote the seller:

German World War Two Grand Admiral Karl Doenitz Visor Hat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is a near excellent condition hat I purchased from the Grand Admiral (& FORTH FUHRER) on a Hamburg Germany visit in the mid 1970's.

A photograph of him & I along with several of his UBoat officers wives appear in my new book "Treasure Trove the Looting of the Third Reich".

The condition is worn and near excellent. A COA will be provided to the next owner."<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
      Another. I quote the seller:

German World War Two Grand Admiral Karl Doenitz Visor Hat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is a near excellent condition hat I purchased from the Grand Admiral (& FORTH FUHRER) on a Hamburg Germany visit in the mid 1970's.

A photograph of him & I along with several of his UBoat officers wives appear in my new book "Treasure Trove the Looting of the Third Reich".

The condition is worn and near excellent. A COA will be provided to the next owner."<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
      Ha! Thats some funny stuff right there. Thanks as always for my daily dose of humor

Here's another quote from the seller " I am a pretentious prick who sincerely hopes that you fall for my line of crap and continue to fund my immoral venture"

Comment

This is all very interesting. Has anyone spoken or corresponded with the companies producing BM caps to see where they source their embroidered visors?

Comment

Leroy, Alkero is the only one making visors in bulk these days.

Pleuser made parts during the war and still does to this day.

I would assume they source them from here:

http://www.pleuser.de/joomla-hm/inde.../pleuser-peaks
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This one has the simulated leather backing, and the oakleaves are pretty good. Probably from Pleuser as well.

Trim appears to be plastic.

Link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/MUTZENSCHIRM-...item589cf746ac
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks, Chris! I believe I have seen the Pleuser site shown before here. Has anyone shown them the visor with striations ("ridges") on the underside to see if they know about them and when they were first made?

Comment

Leroy, not me--my german isn't good enough--perhaps one of our German speaking members can give it a try.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

& getting back to one of my questions, has anyone seen period TR KM visors with oakleaves that stopped short of the band?:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                    & getting back to one of my questions, has anyone seen period TR KM visors with oakleaves that stopped short of the band?:
                    Yes.

I apologize for the poor quality photos, just taken a minute ago in extremely poor light here, but I hope (even with the darkness) everyone can see that this is a real, un-played with, Admiral's cap. Not pretty, but real, and that's all that counts.

The visor has not been re-sewn. The only explanation is that it's a just an anomaly of construction and sewing. With the chinstrap "sitting" along the top edge of the visor, you would never even notice it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                      Yes.

I apologize for the poor quality photos, just taken a minute ago in extremely poor light here, but I hope (even with the darkness) everyone can see that this is a real, un-played with, Admiral's cap. Not pretty, but real, and that's all that counts.

The visor has not been re-sewn. The only explanation is that it's a just an anomaly of construction and sewing. With the chinstrap "sitting" along the top edge of the visor, you would never even notice it.
                      Leroy, thanks for posting that example....
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Winner of the "Ugliest KM Visor of the Week" award:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ww2-german-h...item20d46472c4
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

thats fer sure

Comment

Here is another BM visor with the fluted underside:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Note that they even use the fluted underside for repros:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Same hat? You decide:

http://www.regimentals.co.uk/viewpho...h=59500&phqu=7
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X