No announcement yet.

KM officers cap, opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw many KM caps, some of them were attributed.
    You can have many variant of making, materials and colors.

You have the textbook caps, for these, few pictures are enough.
    For the others, you have four categories :
    1 / the "atypicals", small makers not well known but original, a hand inspection take off all suspicion
    2 / the early bundesmarine with original WWII parts and re-badged
    3 / the well known fakes
    4 / the unknown fakes, a close examination is necessary to have an explanation and to learn

The cap shown is this post is propably a early bund.

IMO, in all the case, visors with the stripes on the underside are post war. I have in my groups, an attributed cap with the same type of visor, dated 1956 (PEKURO) with a typical Bundesmarine making.
    I never saw a textbook KM cap with this type of visors.

Happy collecting...

Michel
    Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
      It has been suggested to me that the chinstrap and buttons might be wrong in some way.
      You are right, buttons are not typical german model for KM visors. About the chinstrap I would like to see the back side and other details, but looks too new for me.
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
        ...I have in my groups, an attributed cap with the same type of visor, dated 1956 (PEKURO) with a typical Bundesmarine making.

Michel
        This is what I am curious about.

Michel, does that early cap have typical wartime embroidery and visor edging?

Here is a Pekuro LW medical recently sold on Estand:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Leroy; 12-03-2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

This is the cap, the embrodery is not exactly the same than the WWII one.

Attached Files
          Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Thanks, Michel, for the photos.

Here is another early BM visor, with a non-removable blue top. It has the stripes on the back of the visor (in a different direction) and the embroidery is also not the wartime style. What , then, are we to make of a cap with this type of visor, but with correct wartime embroidery?
            Attached Files

Comment

The photos I just posted are from this stripped BM cap, which I believe to be a PEKURO just like Michel's (although the maker diamond is missing). Is the maker of the visor component of this cap for PEKURO also making visors with correct wartime embroidery for fakes, or did it make wartime visors as well?
              Attached Files

Comment

KM Visor

I'm with Eduardo on the chinstrap. The form may be correct, but it looks very new, too thick and lacks the patent leather appearance of the KM ones. I'd like to see a better picture of the buttons to see why they are not liked.
                John

Comment

Originally posted by dcdefend View Post
                  I'm with Eduardo on the chinstrap. The form may be correct, but it looks very new, too thick and lacks the patent leather appearance of the KM ones. I'd like to see a better picture of the buttons to see why they are not liked.
                  John

I agree--I cannot even make out the buttons on this one.

Who is selling this cap?
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                    mmmmm

Hmmm... Oddly enough this cap has made it to the Weitze update today. At a very large discount as well. This dealer does NOT normally sell KM officer caps for less than 2500€. Just food for thought...

https://www.weitze.net/detail/78/Kri..._175378_e.html
                    Last edited by R.Beck; 01-13-2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gebirgsjäger View Post
                      Hmmm... Oddly enough this cap has made it to the Weitze update today. At a very large discount as well. This dealer does NOT normally sell KM officer caps for less than 2500€. Just food for thought...

https://www.weitze.net/detail/78/Kri..._175378_e.html

Yeah the trustful crock is beating again who's the next victom

Comment

i helped the person to sell it back to Weitze.

We got approx 1000e, i know they paid 1600 for it since i have the receipt. Although they have not sent the money yet.

Comment

Gents,
                          Just a few comments on early Bundesmarine caps. From 1955-59, officer caps had the same plain black plastic visor as enlisted/NCO caps. They also had metal wreath/cockades for the first few years. Any Bundesmarine cap with any type of cloth-covered visor is from after 1959.

The cap bands on BM caps are narrower than KM caps, as well: 35mm. They've sported vinyl chinstraps since 1955.

Certainly privately tailored caps were available but the basic configuration was the same for the Bundeswehr -- including the use of (formerly) naval embroidered visors by all branches (in silver for Heer and Luftwaffe).

Handelsmarine (merchant marine) and Wasserschutzpolizei seem the most likely source for KM-style caps -- particularly in the 1940s/50s.
                          Last edited by SprogCollector; 01-16-2012, 07:10 AM.

Comment

There is a nice KM Officer's visor on Grenadier right now:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Km Visors

And there are a bunch of interesting KM Visors on themarshalsbaton site also.

Comment

Originally posted by dcdefend View Post
                                And there are a bunch of interesting KM Visors on themarshalsbaton site also.
                                DC, how right you are. A rarely seen Erel:
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X