No announcement yet.

Coast Artillery Officer or Dud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why this one is not right?, this model was used on early KA visors by EM and NCO as we can see usually on period picturesI .

Thank you. I was actually referring to the black paint or repaint job, either of which is the least of his concerns but I digress. Welcome back

Comment

Slightly off topic, but Michel has a nice KA visor on the estand right now:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
        Slightly off topic, but Michel has a nice KA visor on the estand right now:
        There are also some things in this one that make me feel not very cofortable with it.
        Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
        Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Thanks to explain Edouardo, I'm curious and I like to learn.

Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
            There are also some things in this one that make me feel not very cofortable with it.
            Not to ride on your coattails but since you had the guts to mention it first I guess I'll express my concerns with it, the first of which would be the underside of that visor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gebirgsjäger View Post
              Not to ride on your coattails but since you had the guts to mention it first I guess I'll express my concerns with it, the first of which would be the underside of that visor.

and the others ?

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
                Thanks to explain Edouardo, I'm curious and I like to learn.

I will pm you

Comment

Hello Michel, there are some details of this cap that doesn’t like me from pictures. First one is the visor underside as Gebirgsjäger has told, very unusual for a KM cap, 100% of KA visors that I have seen had the underside finished as the upper side.

Badges are replaced IMO, clearly more damaged and aged that the visor.

Very rare and unusual silk made chincord for a KA visor.

Also the sweatband style is not usual for a KA visor.

IMO and for me many unusual details together to not have concerns with it.

Regards
                  Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Just for reference, here is a photo of a Stahlhelm cap I found. Unfortunately, no interior photo. Does anyone have more photos of these caps?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                      Hello Michel, there are some details of this cap that doesn’t like me from pictures. First one is the visor underside as Gebirgsjäger has told, very unusual for a KM cap, 100% of KA visors that I have seen had the underside finished as the upper side.

Badges are replaced IMO, clearly more damaged and aged that the visor.

Very rare and unusual silk made chincord for a KA visor.

Also the sweatband style is not usual for a KA visor.

IMO and for me many unusual details together to not have concerns with it.
                      Hello Eduardo,
                      I agree with you and Gebirgsjäger for the visor, it is an unusual one.
                      Unusual is not fake.
                      I had in my hands some blue KM caps with the same visor without any doubt on their originality. Moreover, at this day I have never seen a copy with a visor like this one.
                      I have done a better picture of the upside, so you can see the textbook texture of the upper side.

The cap is near mint but a little worn, some details attest this state.
                      The badges are joined to the cap, no evident marks they were replaced but I have no solid explanations concerning the oxydation.
                      The chin cord is made with a similar material than the dagger portepee (salt resistant).

It is not easy to give a sure opinion when the cap is not a textbook one and when you don't have in hands.
                      I can accept that I am wrong but give me solid proof not only a feeling.

Best regards,

Michel

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Michel, thanks for the new pics.

I have not use the word fake or copy.

I have never seen a blue KM cap with this visor, and as you I have seen many.

Unusual is not fake for sure, but many unusual things in a piece makes me feel not confortable with it, that means that is a fake, NO, but I would not buy it, that's all.

Regards
                          Eduardo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X