Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

I'm a bit late on this thread but thought I'd post mine anyway. Ralph, thanks for the great information!
      Roy
      Attached Files

Comment

Soutache...
        Attached Files

Comment

Interior...
          Attached Files

Comment

Grommets...
            Attached Files

Comment

Greetings Gents!

I too am a little late but better late than never I guess!

I have a nice used 43 dated cap. Now the maker is not clear but the cap is made in Lindenberg like the Aurel Huber and Ottmar Reich caps, but the maker name is indistinct, beginning with 'Ma****?'. Below this is 57/M43 (size 57/Munich 1943). Finally below this is the RB-Nr in an outline box. The cap has a typical sweatband with the ersatz leatherette backing and canvas like sweatband. The rear of the cap has a period size enlargement made with the use of a 'V' shaped tropical cloth cutout.

The insignia is typical with the eagle machine-sewn across the underside of the top and then turned over and hand sewn around the lower edges. The cockade is simply machine-sewn all around. Finally the cap has the regular two ventilation eyelets either side.....they appear to be zinc with domed washers and are the type that do not split at the rear.

Any help in identifying the maker would be appreciated.
              Cheers, Wade.

Comment

Here are my Tropical caps;
                The middle one with artillery soutache is field made, probably my favourite one.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more;The early green one on the extreme right is also one of my favourites.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is my LW Tropical Officers Overseas cap;
                    Attached Files

Comment

Panzer and Kampfer,

Very nice!

Comment

This is a great thread, packed with excellent information. Sadly, it also contains false, untrue, and misleading statements.

Though I have seen some of the finest Heer DAK collections, I am still only a novice student of Heer tropical caps. I applaud Ralph's contributions on them here, with excellent photos and information.

I do know a bit about Luftwaffe tropical caps however, and must say that there are obvious reproductions on this thread of both Luftwaffe tropical side caps and Luftwaffe tropical billed caps. My intent is not to hurt other collector's feelings, or fuel "he said" arguments that contribute nothing. If I post makers marks illustrating the flaws in the marks of the reproductions the fakers will correct their errors, so I am reluctant to do this.

Bottom line, do not accept all here as accurate or gospel.

sincerely,
                        John
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

My newest M-41 mint unissued, figured I'd add to the thread.
                          Thanks,
                          Kevin

Comment

in side cap

Comment

the inside has the oil cloth liner here are some close ups of the insignia
                              I believe this is a french made cap. this is the factory sewn cockade.

Comment

and the Adler

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X