Please show your Tropical caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ralph

I'm always glad to see so much nice DAK items !!!
    and to have so explicit explanations !
    Merci - Alain

Comment

Jim , you have a very desiderable cap ... I love it !

Comment

Pz. sidecap

Here is a sidecap with an original Panzer rosa soutache. This one was made by Karl Kubach and is dated 42. This is one that is well used. I've got a couple other sidecaps that are unissued and which are probably from the cache of these found in storage in recent decades long after the war but at least this one was worn and is faded. It came from the family of a deceased inland NW veteran but there's no record of where it was captured. Panzer crewmen did wear these sidecaps inside their tanks because the lack of a bill allowed them to avoid low hanging projections with their heads.

Others in Panzer regiments also wore the rosa soutache -- mechanics, tank recovery crews, anti tank crews, and others although wartime photos show most men working outside favored the billed field cap instead of the sidecap.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ralph thanks for the info ,its a minefield out there ,great collection ,Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hi again Ralph,

thanks for the further input and explanations on the tropical caps, i suspect you will have just saved quite a few fellow collectors (especially me, as i'm getting interested in tropical caps) lots of their respective £'s, Euros, and $'s.
            Much appreciated indeed .
            One last thing....you can't leave us with just the one shot of that stunning panzer ensemble.
            Can you...... ?
            I'd love to see details of the shirt too if you ever find the time.

Thanks again,

Patrick.

Comment

Here are a few more. This one is a field made cap. In a recent thread on a SS field made cap, the remark was made that faux scallops wouldn't be found on a field made piece. Below is the exception to the norm.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is one that I got from Ralph and reflects his comments relating to the transition period from the maker name to RBNr. This one reflects size markings only. Ralph told me that it was probably a Kriegsmarine manufacturer of caps.
                Attached Files

Comment

Interior
                  Attached Files

Comment

A better shot of the markings as explained by Ralph.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's an officer's private purchase billed cap. Like the other, it is only size stamped on the interior.
                      Attached Files

Comment

An interior shot.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the family portrait.
                          Attached Files

Comment

KM tropical

Here's my favorite tropical: a KM M41 style. A vet liberated this in Italy.
                            Attached Files

Comment

inside
                              Attached Files

Comment

Waffen SS Tropical Cap 1941

This one was my favorite tropical cap. It has a very rare pattern skull. The insignia were really outstanding on this cap. This one I sold though a few months ago to a happy new owner.
                                This is an issue cap probably made in 1941 as it has the early tan lining.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X