Herman Goring's hat and other items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herman Goring's hat and other items

Got to see an amazing collection with some of Herman Goring's items in it.

Finally got "ebony" to get around to resizing and posting the images so I have asked him to add them to this thread.

Will be interested in what you guys think esp. "Leroy" who I know has a soft spot for these,

Chris
    Last edited by 90th Light; 08-10-2011, 01:19 AM.

This one is a test one to see if the size is good. Will post more very soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ebony; 08-10-2011, 01:05 AM.

Comment

another bit bigger
      Attached Files

Comment

another
        Attached Files

Comment

another more later
          Attached Files

Comment

--- well now we know where it went. I just remember it sold for the price of what a country-side mansion would cost here in Germany in a recent Thies auction.

@90th Light, please express our thanks to the new owner for giving you permission to post these pics . Normally, such high-end items are never seen again and I really think these should be shared. Great attitude!

Kurt

Comment

Chris,

Leroy has a soft spot alright...but if he keeps his hat on you can't see it.

Thanks for sharing this, what an extreme example of the embroiderer and hat makers art. My compliments to your friend, hopefully money well spent too. Time will tell. What else, pray tell is your friend holding back?

It is rare to see a great hat Kurt didn't get to first.

Richard

Comment

hi

Hi
                One of greatest cap in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                  (...)

It is rare to see a great hat Kurt didn't get to first.

Yeah, I stopped bidding at 175,000.00 Euros because I don't really do Luftwaffe. Also, I was turned off by the fact that it's not vented... a nice original though

Kurt

Comment

It's nice to know that Hermann's visor is with a forum member! I had the privilege of seeing this hat several times - even tried it on once.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see it again and looking forward to more photos.

Here's the very first in the series (from the old Halcomb/Saris book). It was actually delivered and photographed on a velvet pillow (which was cropped out of this photo). Note that the eagle then was still not directly embroidered into the cap. I guess Hermann felt like he deserved an upgrade!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Excellent to know that the cap meets with such over-whelming approval.

I must stress however that these items are not mine and I do not think that the current owner is a forum member. He is one of those guys who just gets on and does it. You are right however about him being generous in what he is willing to share.

Will tell more once "ebony" gets more of the pictures posted,

Chris

Comment

more Goring items
                          Attached Files

Comment

Goring items 2
                            Attached Files

Comment

Goring items 3
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X