No announcement yet.

Herman Goring's hat and other items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mjfur--great screen captures of the hat in wear.....
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

So, other than this one, the one in Leroy's collection, & the one in the Moran/Maguire book, are there any other real Goering visors out there that have been accounted for?
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The Göring m43 didn't sell at the last Thies auction, i believe it started at around 40k, no bids as far as i know.

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
        A bargain, IMO. I don't care for the guy who wore it, but the guy who made it was an artist. The only other hat that I like this much is MacArthurs.
        Indeed!

MacArthur.jpg

Comment

nice if you are a movie producer ower nz tax;s probably helped pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
            mjfur--great screen captures of the hat in wear.....
            Actually, scans from the Air Force & Army Signal Corp collections at the US National Archives (NARA).... and the retirement M43.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mjfur; 08-14-2011, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I am wondering is it still possible to take tiny sample of the small dirt or hair stain and do a lab test to see any DNA can come up to match Goring?

Comment

JUDAS ...."nice if you are a movie producer ower nz tax;s probably helped pay for it"
                i know exactly who you are talking about and it would not suprise me at all and ill ask some citizens who i know that work for him, he has some stunning stuff already that ive been lucky enough to see some of from ww1,2 and the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
                  I am wondering is it still possible to take tiny sample of the small dirt or hair stain and do a lab test to see any DNA can come up to match Goring?
                  Oh dear...........

Comment

Why don't we just mention the name???? I thought Peter Jackson was more into WWI stuff.

Comment

you are correct pj is into more in ww1 stuff but he is like a magpie and collects a lot of anything from the merc from raiders of the lost ark to the orgional planet of the apes uniforms etc etc , a massive red baron collection and heres a link to his n.z museum and its in blenheim and very very worth a visit for those who visit n.z.
                      anyway with a bank roll of $580,000,000 he can buy what ever he wants...sign if only......
                      http://www.omaka.org.nz/

Comment

Yes, I know he purchased some WWI aircraft fabric panels in the region of $100-$150K each.

Comment

I had no idea about PJ! He seems like the type who would glom onto a new thing and then get obsessive about it.

Thanks for the link to the museum, Pablo.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
                            It sold for around 200k, plus Andreas's fees.

Although. IMO, it's the most beautiful piece of headgear from this period. The Hitler visor's are nice to, although the Göring visor is just

I would be more happy with this one than a field marshal's baton.
                            Agreed!

And also, like Chris said, just a sublime piece of headgear. The ultimate, as far as I'm concerned. But then again, I'm a Luft guy. I have no idea how much a commensurate condition/provenance Hitler visor would bring nowadays.

Care to guess?

J-

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
                              The Göring M43 didn't sell at the last Thies auction, i believe it started at around 40k, no bids as far as i know.
                              Any chance to have some pictures?
                              Thanks!

Comment

Go see it at the MAX this year.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X