No announcement yet.

Old visor cap for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The originally posted visor only has one band of piping.

Comment

Hallo Adam

Given that there are people on this forum that continues to show only caps made ​​from Italian fabric (as if the SS before the armistice went around naked), or caps with mixed insignia (explaining everything with the promotion of the vet ex-owner), I do not see why this cap can not have a chance.
      In your opinion, what is it?

best regards

Comment

Salut,
        Except the insignias and the Chin-strap the Schirm looks a bit like an early Kusten cap ?

Comment

Originally posted by sturmann View Post
          Salut,
          Except the insignias and the Chin-strap the Schirm looks a bit like an early Kusten cap ?
          ....could it be!! Take a look here...(thanks to member Gepruft)...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=222465

Comment

Originally posted by sturmann View Post
            Salut,
            Hallo sturmann

But in this case, in addition to the mid-piping's problem (already rightly pointed out by Adam), it would also be expected that the chinstrap is not contemporary with the cap.

Alex, are you, by chance, be able to read the ink rectangular writing, barely visible in the image number 3?

Comment

re-

Kusten dont have WaffenFarbe piping ?
              The chin strap doesnt look typical of what would be expected on a KM Schirm but I think could be period, but my biggest problem on the other hand would be the buttons ...
              I am not knowlegable enough on the period but could it be pre-TR Kusten /ReichMarine ?

Comment

Hallo sturm

It 's a possibility.

As far as I know, a green band without piping was used in the TR-previous period. But, if this were the case, we need an expert of the Weimar's Navy headgears.

Comment

Everything about this cap says original, and I like the coastal artillery theory.

Comment

I insist on the Postschutz / Dienstpost track. Look at the picture number 10: the first and the last man does not seem to wear hats with band profiles.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=dienstpost

Otherwise, there is the possibility of any organization of war veterans (like Stahlhelm) or an early-DDR, but this goes beyond my knowledge

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X