Strange Black M43 Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clestuff,

Interesting cap, I'm surprised it wasn't hammered to death by the M-43 experts. It appears foreign made to me and an inferior foreign wool, but may have been WWII period. I honestly do not know what it is, but I have seen that type lining in foreign produced overseas caps that most people don't seem to care for. I like it!

Richard

Comment

maker?

Thanks Richard. I agree. I had an overseas cap with the identical liner which was foreign made. I believe it was French. I'm suprised nobody has identified the maker mark. You can see enough of it to figure it out. Looks like a large letter "P....del". Does this ring any bells with anybody??

Help please, where are all the M42, M43 experts on this one??

Thanks again, Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
        Thanks Richard. I agree. I had an overseas cap with the identical liner which was foreign made. I believe it was French. I'm suprised nobody has identified the maker mark. You can see enough of it to figure it out. Looks like a large letter "P....del". Does this ring any bells with anybody??

Help please, where are all the M42, M43 experts on this one??

Thanks again, Cliff
        from your pics i can only make out the size stamp ,perhaps type out what you see
        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

noglow

I took a pic of the maker mark under a black light. It seems to show better. The second word [or last name] appers to begin with a fancy "R" or "P"something, something then "del". I dont know if thats enough to identify a maker but it's about all I can see.
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X