Enlisted upgrade to Officer cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enlisted upgrade to Officer cap

This is a cap that started as an enlisted infantry overseas cap. The owner then upgraded it to an officer with the addition of collar tress to use as piping for it. It also was sewn inside to get a smarter look on top, as the inside seam was sewn partially closed. I just think it is a neat upgrade cap that is untouched with the original insignia and soutache.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

This is the tunic it was found with in the rags...it came from the same rag site at the same time, but can not be confirmed that this cap was always with the tunic. But they both have a great combat look together.
      Attached Files

Comment

Neat looking cap and up grade

Comment

Either the soutache or the cockade was re-applied at some point. Pull back the flap and see if the soutache is machine sewn or hand sewn. The cockade is pretty sloppy so it's probably the one.

Comment

My WAG is early cap upgraded or utilized about of begore appearrance of officers m38 ..insignia added or replaced later or postwar..nice cap..Billbert

Comment

Thanks for showing. This has the third CW stamp i mentioned before, the version with an oval that only lists Braunschweig on the lower line inside the oval...

Comment

Jerry,

Are those brass grommets? Any idea what the 14.K. means, unit markings I would assume? Whats the mark right below it?

Most cap upgrades are not so well done. They actually put some work into it and made it very neat. Very nice "been there" cap and tunic.

Richard

Comment

The insignia is all period applied. I have no idea what the other markings are for actually. Any thoughts are appreciated.
                  Yes it does have a nicely worn combat look. Thanks for all that posted.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                    The insignia is all period applied. I have no idea what the other markings are for actually. Any thoughts are appreciated.
                    Yes it does have a nicely worn combat look. Thanks for all that posted.
                    Is the date of the stamp readable?

B. N. Singer

Comment

it seems to be maybe 38 or 39

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                        it seems to be maybe 38 or 39
                        Thank you; given that, likely the eagle (at least) has been replaced.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Hello there,

Can you please post a closer photo of the ink stamp inside the cap?

Trying to compare to this early-war cap:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=640802

William Kramer
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X