No announcement yet.

SS M43 Panzer Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to remember, judging any cloth item from a photo is more or less guesswork anyway. No one is going to put their arse on the line until they handle it and even then... well.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
      Seems that the Hohenstaufen Division had more than it's far share of SS trap M43's.

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Dr Egon Skalka.

That is the gabardine type (wool or wire piping) with trap insignia.

In the photo posted by Lenny it appears the one I marked #1 in red is also gabardine..Can't say for certain on #2 but looks like gabardine.

A few of them are single button,2 piece insignia types.

Glenn
      Attached Files
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post
        as period pics of SS M43 with trap seem uncommon,
        i just aded this :
        in an article in october 1986, in the rewiew "militaria magazine" n°13,
        "la felmütze de la waffen-SS 1943-1945", pages 43 to 47,
        Eric lefevre indicated than the black backed trap is most frequently encountered on feldgrau M43 caps than the felgrau backed trap.
        here is an illustration given in this article :

pic legend is for a 8.Franz.SS-Freiw.Sturmbrigade member, taken in summer 1944.

if it can be used in this debate...

derka

That is a Dachau type,IMO....Have seen 2 of them with black trapazoid applied....Supposedly issued to Foreign volunteers.

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
          That is the gabardine type (wool or wire piping) with trap insignia.
          Yes, I would agree that the Dr's cap is a Feldgrau gabardine one.

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
          In the photo posted by Lenny
          Bit disapointing that the effort I put into finding interesting photos for the forum to discuss has been overlooked once again.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=403965

That brings me rather neatly to this. Enjoy the rest of the thread guys, I'm tired of researching into this particular type of cap. I've never bought one and never will.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
            Yes, I would agree that the Dr's cap is a Feldgrau gabardine one.

Bit disapointing that the effort I put into finding interesting photos for the forum to discuss has been overlooked once again.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=403965

That brings me rather neatly to this. Enjoy the rest of the thread guys, I'm tired of researching into this particular type of cap. I've never bought one and never will.
            well sorry Ben i did NOT remeber where i got the photo from if i knew it was from your thread i would have most certainly attributed it to BenVK just trying to help,your time and research is appreciated
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

No problem Lenny, time to let this one go for me though.

Comment

Great photo in post 162 and 171. I dont believe Ive seen that photo before. The well decorated soldier with EKI and CCC is wearing Dirlewanger collar tab. Isnt there another unit that wore the same tab?

Comment

This photo is dated 11/44. The insignia is the bevo single roll of teeth.
                  __________________________________________________ ______
                  Cheers Steve
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting pic Steve, its a shame there are no factory pics so we can see the construction better,

Regards, CM.

Comment

Very interesting thread about M43 panzer caps with trap insignia and HBT lining but unfortunately I have not learned anything useful that is going to help me. Anyway IMO the overall field cap posted in the beginning of this thread is fine and I don’t have a problem with the HBT lining this is not the deciding factor, however, what concerns me is the trap, which looks almost new it just does not blend well with the rest of the field cap. The bottom line is that you as a collector have to be comfortable with what you have……I wish you good luck.
                      Rene Chavez
                      http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

Originally posted by SJP View Post
                        This photo is dated 11/44. The insignia is the bevo single roll of teeth.
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Cheers Steve
                        wow Steve its looks like sister of my cap,

Comment

My contribution...a portrait of a soldier of the Frundsberg that I have recently sold and still present in the estand.

Immagine44.jpg

Cheer,
                          Roberto

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbe View Post
                            My contribution...a portrait of a soldier of the Frundsberg that I have recently sold and still present in the estand.

[ATTACH]1642491[/ATTACH]

Cheer,
                            Roberto
                            looks like under the visor is unfinished (Dachau type) ? nice portriat thanks for sharing
                            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez View Post
                              however, what concerns me is the trap, which looks almost new it just does not blend well with the rest of the field cap.
                              Rene Chavez
                              http://axis101.bizland.com
                              Rene, If you have a look the bottom of the trap has worn from rubbing on the cap, the photos do highlight the trap but without flash and in hand the trap does fully match the cap.

Regards, CM

Comment

Looks like its time to warm the camera up.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X