No announcement yet.

Army os cap from vet's son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a complete field made original to me. Nice look to it and I agree with all the positive things said.

Richard

Comment

Cap

I think the hat is 100% field made as well, hence my questions about the liner material.

Unfortunately my collection is still in boxes from a recent house move, but I will try to dig out some examples. The body of this cap reminds me of the material used on a lot of Soviet gas mask carry bags and the cotton liner in the cap is very similar to the cotton fabric used to line pockets etc in some Soviet EM trousers.

Comment

I was thinking field made myself, but just wasn't sure, due to the machine stitching.
        I know they had those traveling seamstress units, can't think of the right word now, that also did field repair
        So Wes's dad, you think it could be captured Russian material...could be
        Thanks for all the positive comments
        Regards,
        Gary

Comment

Material

I think it could be Soviet materials... I'll search my boxes for something to compare to. Should I be successful, I will post here.

Comment

That would be great Michael
            Plus it would help us all in the future, so hurry get those items out of the boxes before the mice move in
            Thanks Again to all.
            Regards,
            Gary

Comment

Soviet Cloth

Originally posted by RUHL13 View Post
              That would be great Michael
              Plus it would help us all in the future, so hurry get those items out of the boxes before the mice move in
              Thanks Again to all.
              Regards,
              Gary
              AGGH, don't say that... boxes are going to have to stay a while. Anyway, I did find the cloth I was looking for. How does this compare...

Similar... this cloth comes from a hard used, weathered, and rotten bag I cut up for parts.

Comment

Well, it does look similar to yours Michael, but it seems abit of a larger weave on yours.
                What do others think?
                Only real way would be a side by side comparison to be sure.
                It's a start, Thanks for your time, and was kidding about the mice, but do check from time to time....unfortunately it happens.
                Regards,
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by RUHL13 View Post
                  Well, it does look similar to yours Michael, but it seems abit of a larger weave on yours.
                  What do others think?
                  Only real way would be a side by side comparison to be sure.
                  It's a start, Thanks for your time, and was kidding about the mice, but do check from time to time....unfortunately it happens.
                  Regards,
                  Gary
                  My photo was taken with a 7X closeup lens... might not be able to see the forest for the trees. Agreeded, its a start. I will have to find my trousers before I can compare the liner material. You are welcome, I need to get some stuff out every now and then for my own sanity anyway.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X