X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

button holes
    Attached Files

Comment

As Ben stated likely a GREY AREA cap.. my impression is a 3rd reiched pre war or just after war of AUSTRIAN army AUSTRIAN made origins..JMHO Billbert

Comment

detail , the black leather sweatband is torn at the rear seam
        Attached Files

Comment

This might show the wool under the flap better?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
            As Ben stated likely a GREY AREA cap.. my impression is a 3rd reiched pre war or just after war of AUSTRIAN army AUSTRIAN made origins..JMHO Billbert

A good friend felt this was Austrian manufacture as well.

Thank you

Comment

The cap looks like an orginal late war bergmütze. But are you sure the insignia are original sewn? I have some doubts about it....

Can we have some better close ups please?
              http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Sander,

I think this may actually fall into a 39-42 category vs late? That is just a guess of course based on its traits and it is not a standard bergmutze. The photgraphs do not seem to pick the actual wear very well but I am happy with it .

Thank you for taking a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammler View Post
                  Sander,

I think this may actually fall into a 39-42 category vs late? That is just a guess of course based on its traits and it is not a standard bergmutze. The photgraphs do not seem to pick the actual wear very well but I am happy with it .

Thank you for taking a look.
                  Well, based on the feldgrau material I think the cap was made ca.1942-1943. After that, the standart M43 took place.
                  http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

To me if you look at foto 3 the cap also exhibits a decidedly AUSTRIAN flavor in its cut,,kinda of a combination of 2 austran army caps 1 with the coffee can looking cap they had and the m42 looking cap with internal foldout front bill ..And I also agree if the material is german in manufacture and color its NOT a pre or very early war year material used in its manufacture..JMHO Billbert

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate your input.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X